Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So technically I don't have an IS300 yet. I am in Toronto and have been shopping for one since early July but haven't been able to find what I am looking for at all. I am specifically looking for a 2001-2002 IS300 with a Blue Exterior and Black Interior. This seems to be exceeding difficult to find in Toronto or anywhere in Ontario.

There are so many black and silver ones, as well as there is a fair amount of white and yellow ones for sale too but hardly any other colors like Blue or Red.

I actually had a deal in place to buy a Blue one earlier in July but the guys bitch wife started changing her mind about selling it, she wanted a new car but kept flipp flopping about what she wanted and what she wanted to do. She kept delaying so eventually that deal fell apart and as a result I am still looking for a Blue IS.

I am getting pretty frustrated and impatient now though since I have been without a car since mid-may and I have all the money in the bank just sitting there. I wanted to buy one earlier so I could have enjoyed it for the summer but looks like that didn't quite work out. I hope I'll be able to find one soon. Just need to stay patient I guess.

I suspect more IS300's will be coming up for sale in the fall - Sept/Oct when the new IS comes out.

·
27,116 Posts
Patience is the key. If you get frustrated you'll do something stupid... or end up spending too much money.

Also ask yourself if certain things really mattered. When I was shopping I wanted a silver IS with a black interior. But... the nice ones were either too expensive or got sold pretty much within 5 minutes of being listed... or the cheaper ones were BEAT UP!

I ended up getting a silver IS300 with tan coloured interior... and you know what... I like it alot. So don't get too picky.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
should have bought chinaones supercharged is300 a few months ago. blue/black, went cheap

keep looking, great car...just have patience. i lucked otu and didnt have to wait to long to find what i wanted. i would have peferred white over silver, but im happy with my decision now

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I will be patient for now, if I am going to spend the money it might as well be for something I want. I think I'll probably find a Blue one soon, if not then I'll wait till Sept/Oct the latest before I settle on a Black one.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Hey Zerokarma; I'm in the business...If we get a blue or black one
on my lot you'll be the first one to know about it!

As the other guys said; patience is key...However shopping for a
used car you're going to have to settle -- it's not like there is a
used car factory someone can order the perfect IS for you...lol.

Anyway, good luck dude!

j ;)

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
hey boman, i need a rear passenger door panel...actualyl just the rubber moulding on top that goes on panel against the window...can you hook it up?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
The tough thing about buying a used car is that you can't be too picky. It's hard to find a car at the price you want, with clean history, maintenance, features etc. Usually there are some trade-offs.

Having said that, if you wait, or expand your search, you'll have a better chance. Have you tried searching outside the GTA? Good used cars get snapped up pretty quick, but expand your AutoTrader search to include all of Ontario. Driving out to London or Ottawa to get the perfect car is probably more than worth it. When I got my IS, I couldn't find one I wanted locally (and I wasn't even all that picky about colors), but did find a great one about 300km away, the whole thing worked out great.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
storm said:
The tough thing about buying a used car is that you can't be too picky. It's hard to find a car at the price you want, with clean history, maintenance, features etc. Usually there are some trade-offs.

Having said that, if you wait, or expand your search, you'll have a better chance. Have you tried searching outside the GTA? Good used cars get snapped up pretty quick, but expand your AutoTrader search to include all of Ontario. Driving out to London or Ottawa to get the perfect car is probably more than worth it. When I got my IS, I couldn't find one I wanted locally (and I wasn't even all that picky about colors), but did find a great one about 300km away, the whole thing worked out great.
Yes I realize this and I am willing to settle on some things. The Blue IS300 I almost bought back in July had cloth seats for example, that wasn't a huge concern though because finding some leather with escaine seats isn't too hard.

I am still going to be fairly picky about the blue/black combo in the mean time, hoepfully something will come up, otherwise come Sept/Oct then I'll settle for a Black/Black one which is easier to find.

·
Registered
473 Posts
It a pretty big investment. Just wait untill you find what you want. It's no use rushing into buying something then kicking yourself in your ass since you should of waited.My buddy just bought a G35 coupe and the dealership only had this teal blue color. So he wanted it now and bought it. Now he hates the color! If you wait you will be happy in the long run. Plus prices should drop considering the new model is coming out. JMO, Good Luck Homie

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ive got a 2002 IBP with black interior with 45km fully loaded (leather with grey piping, fogs, sunroof, no LSD, no navi). How much you looking to pay for one? Just curious. Ive got a buddy who's getting rid of a 04 M3 with 12000km. He's put 32k downpayment, and just wants someone to continue paying off the lease.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking to spend $20-25k if it is from a dealer, maybe a little more if it is private since it would only be the PST being paid instead of both taxes.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all those that replied so far, yea I will be patient and wait for what I want. I suspect prices will start to drop a bit when the new model comes out, the 2002 model prices are already starting to drop off a fair amount.

·
Registered
52 Posts
chiller said:
Ive got a 2002 IBP with black interior with 45km fully loaded (leather with grey piping, fogs, sunroof, no LSD, no navi). How much you looking to pay for one? Just curious. Ive got a buddy who's getting rid of a 04 M3 with 12000km. He's put 32k downpayment, and just wants someone to continue paying off the lease.
Hey Chiller, what's the exterior colour (what's IBP, sorry I'm a newbie)? Is it manual? and do you have maintenance records?

I'm getting my settlement form my stolen 2001 corolla on tuesday and looking for a black, silver or blue 02 manual, leather, sun roof is300 with less than 60km. How much you asking? email me at [email protected] if you want. Thanks,

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
IBP = Intensa Blue Pearl ... don't worry if you hang around here long enough, you'll learn all the abbreviations for the colors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts