Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

It has been very very cold in Toronto for the last couple of days.

I noticed when I first start my IS300 after it has been sitting for a while, I noticed some very strange noise and steeling feel when I turn the steeling wheel. It felt like there were some problem with the tire or suspension and the wheel do not want to turn.

But this strange feeling disappear in a couple of minutes of driving.

I am wondering if this is because of the cold weather and the power steeling fluid is freezed and warm up after driving for a while?

Any input are welcome.

Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
never heard of power steering fluid freezing. it could if you got water into the system....have you washed down your motor?..if not it could be the rack and pinion steering rack not being lubricated enough when its cold.

·
Registered
75 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: It's freaking -23 degrees below zero here in Minnesota last night. When I started my car this morning, it almost didn't even start. I have 19k on it. It's a 2003. It sounded like a used out turbocharge engine trying to start. It was all slow and strugglin. I heard a popping noise after being started for 10 sec. Wierd. 3 days in a row it was below zero temp. :crazy: I wanted to take it to the dealer and ask them to see what would cause that noise. It worries me a bit, but not too much. My steering was a bit slow in the beginning, but after like 15 min, it was good again. Also my suspension was clicking/knocking when I turn hard or do a big U turn. It's that cold. My poor IS sits outside, and not in the garage, because it's full of other 1970's car. New = outside, Old = inside. Doesn't make sense :crazy: but I dong own this house...so tough for me. :-? I let my car warm up for about 20 min. and I start it every 2.5 hours during work hours, to keep it from having that crazy cold start now. 8) Another note, I hear a constant humming noise in the background, even when I turn off my radio. Cold weather does strange Sh*t to your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.