Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearly every rotation I've had done, the front tires vibrate and need to be re-balanced. It seems like the tires are fine when they're on the front, but they're being thrown out of balance when they're driven on the rear for a while.

Any ideas if it's something to do with my driving style that'd throw them out of balance? Once their re-balanced their fine (except for the time I bent a couple of rims, but that was an exception).

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you have the stick on weights they sometimes come off. It happened to me. it might be the tires, belts shift? but after they balance they are fine? Don't know?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last time it happened I took a picture of the weights. They're in the same place as they were.

It's happened with 3 sets of tires and 2 sets of wheels. I've gone through the OEM RE040's, and 2 sets of potenza S-03s. After balancing, they're fine although sometimes it takes them a couple of tries. I've gone to a few tire places thinking maybe I'm dealing with inept people.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
hows your alignment? any suspension mods?

If you're alignment is set aggressively (eg lots of camber) then the tires could be wearing unevenly. Then you don't notice until you put them back on the front.

or you could be dealing with inept people ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No suspension mods. Alignment's been checked out fine twice. I've gone to places that are pretty reputable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts