Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will someone please measure the distance of th frnt strut towers for teh IS300? I need to know So i can maybe buy a JIC-MAJIC Front tower bar.
Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for helping man. I just want to know the distance form left to right front struts. In my car, they are exactly 36" apart. From the center of one, to the center of the other in the engine bay.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I just did a quick measurement. I couldn't get directly over it to check real well, but it appeared to be 35-36 inches. You might want someone to verify this though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You measured from center to center? and got 35"-36" ? I'm hoping you or somwone will double check this. Thanks I really appreciate it.

BTW, any of you IS300 guys looking to get the new Peter Farrel Supercars Stage 1 330HP turbo kit for your cars?

*** www.Pfsupercars.com

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Defintely have someone check. I'm not the most mechanically inclined person and could have been measuring the wrong thing.

Since it doesn't look like many others are being very helpful, describe exactly what the strut towers look like in the engine bay.
PM if you'd like.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help man. Now I'm going to make a $300 purchase for something I'm not sure of because your school didnt offer a class for it :) Hope this works. Ill let youknow in a about a week or soo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anybody else want to measure this for me? PLEASE. I am really appreciative. All you need is a 3-4 ft measuring tape.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Hey man, don't want to be mean or unhelpful, but instead of insisting on someone to measure the damn thing so much, why don't you just stop by a Lexus dealer showroom and measure the damn thing yourself? How difficult can that be? Sheesh.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The closest LEXUS dealer is more than 45 minutes away. And I dont have the time to get there. And I dont have a license right now to drive there. Sooooo, if oone of you guys could do this, I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
MrMKIV said:
The closest LEXUS dealer is more than 45 minutes away. And I dont have the time to get there. And I dont have a license right now to drive there. Sooooo, if oone of you guys could do this, I'd really appreciate it.
I'll try to remember to do it on Wednesday.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Hmmmmmm why dont you just go measure the center mounting distances on an Already built strut bar that you know fits the IS300? Then compare it to the distance to measured on the car, then go measure ANOTHER DIFFERENT strut bar center mounting point distance. :roll: Must we do everything for you?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
36".

It's impossible to get it directly over without bending the tape over the valve covers, so this is an approximate measurement.

However, my eyes indicate that it's exactly 36".

Where's my cookie? ;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
quick said:
36".

It's impossible to get it directly over without bending the tape over the valve covers, so this is an approximate measurement.

However, my eyes indicate that it's exactly 36".

Where's my cookie? ;)
I concur. It's close 36" inches.
*zips up pants*

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
8 Participants
quick
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing