Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I installed some front clear lenses and i always get moisture in them. I did the install myself and i am no good at that so i may have done something wrong, or does this problem happen often.

Let me know. Thanks!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
you two dwp's need help. :lol:
kevis300 did you do put a thick layer on your's?
i put a thick layer of silicon on mine, i had it for 3months, no condensation!
if you guys bought cheap sidemarkers from lets say ebay?
that is probably the problem.
i purchased a pair from them a year ago.
i tossed it in the garbage a week later b/c of the moisture.

other than that.. i have no clue.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
i got mine off of ebay. first week i got condensation/moisture. i tightened the bulb the other way and i have yet to see any condensation. its been over 1 and a half years.

make sure to dry out before silicone. also, where are you putting the silicone?

·
Banned
809 Posts
Open up the wheel well the same way you installed them, and take out the bulb, and let it sit just like that over night. In the morning the condensation should be gone, and then put the light back in tighten it the other way. If it keeps happening, then i guess after you put the light bulb in, you need to find a way to seal the holes that the moisture can get in.

·
Registered
357 Posts
don't flame..but does it really matter if condensation gets into the lights? Like will it cause it to short? Or is it just not aesthetically pleasing?

thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
SPEED_RACR said:
don't flame..but does it really matter if condensation gets into the lights? Like will it cause it to short? Or is it just not aesthetically pleasing?

thanks
it does. it gradually gets worse.
my friend's got his off ebay.
he had it for a year.
it was absolutely disgusting.
the sidemarker was brown and brown water was filled half way up.
when you got close to the sidemarker you can hear the bulb sounding like its sizzling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts