Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
Joe Z said:
Hey Irv... Great job with the markers and bulbs.... Glad i was able to get u most of the parts... I think the combination of markers and bulbs we use, seem to work the best.....!!!!

Also, for anyone who experiences condensation in cold weather or any weather, it is most likely do to water getting in the marker from rain or when you wash your car... To fix, buy a tube of silicone sealant, remove markers, then with your finger run a nice even layer on back side of markers where the lens meets with the housing... Let it dry good, then re-install markers...
Thanks Joe. Thanks for the lenses.. :) One more thing, sometimes a leak forms between the marker housing and the bulb harness (er?) so a new washer might help.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
irv_usc said:
Thanks Joe. Thanks for the lenses.. :) One more thing, sometimes a leak forms between the marker housing and the bulb harness (er?) so a new washer might help.
Quick fix for that.... Just cut a hole into the black rubber/plastic harness cover right at the point where the water collects... So when you wash your car or it rains and water finds its way in there, it will not collect, but rather drain out.....

Joe

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
Joe Z said:
Quick fix for that.... Just cut a hole into the black rubber/plastic harness cover right at the point where the water collects... So when you wash your car or it rains and water finds its way in there, it will not collect, but rather drain out.....
Sweet. I don't know about you, but when I unplugged my front sidemarker bulbs a bunch of water ran out from the sheath surrounding the wires that ran into the connector... weird.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
ltunedgirl, thanks for the compliments... the snow in Canada is beautiful (espescially for skiing), but it's just so freakin cold overhere!!

Joe Z, thanks for all the recommendations... very professionnal!! I did sealed the housing (before installation) with 2 layers of clear silicone, along with all the sockets... but I still have a lil condensation on the lenses at night when my lights are on for a long period of time... I guess, it's just the heat from the bulb...

·
Registered
143 Posts
nice !!!

Nice!!!!!!!! very clean

SOOOO that is what snow looks like it has been a while since I have seen the white stuff (at least the stuff that falls from the sky) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
fleadog99, you have a sweet looking car too man!! As I can see, you have clears all around too, very nice with the silver color!!

Love your rims (I always been a big fan of it) & TV screen!! One thing, you need to drop it a lil??

·
Registered
143 Posts
thank for the props

Thannks for the props I ordered Sandiego's nav housing and the 7" screen comes in today so I will have the motorized screen. also I am waiting until winter is over. before body kit, springs. doing it all at once.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Re: thank for the props

fleadog99 said:
Thannks for the props I ordered Sandiego's nav housing and the 7" screen comes in today so I will have the motorized screen. also I am waiting until winter is over. before body kit, springs. doing it all at once.
What's a motorized screen? Post pics when you'll have them installed!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
it is just the stock nav unit.

It is just the stock nav housing and buttons and wiring and a 7" screen replaces the stock screen.

not sure where the pics are but do a search for nav housing in mobiletronics.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hey everyone, now that I have clears all around... what about clear tail light trunks? What do you guys think of those? Anyone with them on a white car??

21 - 32 of 32 Posts