Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I finally found the time to take pics of my clears (front & rear) on my white IS:

Click on my sig (under "exhaust") for more pics!!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hov said:
that shit is hot. the stillen kit looks nice there, will the rear bumper fit my car with the hiper exhaust?
... not sure, but I think you will have to modify the rear valence since the hyper is coming out at an angle!

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
Sheliz300 said:
Clear rear sidemarkers look pretty sweet on your car.... don't think they look too great on darker colored cars
They look great if you tint them :)

Roswell: Let me channel Joe Z and say "Those rears need some Red LEDs!" :lol:

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sheliz300, thanks for the compliments!

irv_usc, I did look around in my city for those red LED's bulb, but couldn't find any. Do you know any good place I could order them from, but most importantly, are they street legal??

lil' IS 300, I'm presently trying to find a solution to prevent any damages from the exhaust... but some .net members have the same exhaust & haven't heard any problems from them (?). But I'm very into the expression: "better be safe than sorry"!! :wink:

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
Roswell said:
irv_usc, I did look around in my city for those red LED's bulb, but couldn't find any. Do you know any good place I could order them from, but most importantly, are they street legal??
Well, I'm not sure about the vehicle codes in your area, but in most of the US it is not legal to have the clear sidemarkers, period. In that case, I'm also not sure about the legality of the red LEDs... They do look pretty sweet at night. I'll take a picture tonight and show you. The brand I have is "Pilot." I'm not sure where you can find them, maybe search online? I was able to get mine locally. I think the red helps to avoid attention by the police more than the standard "clear" or hyper white bulbs a lot of people use in the back...

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know much about the law in Canada regarding clears... but I know for sure that chosing the right color of bulbs helps a lot in terms of not catching police's attention!!

According to my dealership's body-shop: blue bulbs are prohibited, orange or white bulbs are acceptable for the front & orange or red for the rear (white are not allowed for the rear). Can someone's from Canada confirm this??

irv_usc, do you have pics of your red LED's bulb yet?

·
Registered
487 Posts

i have the same set up as u..
the front lights try to get ryber yellow they look just like the fogs.....
and in the back get hyper red to mach the back lights... i have that set up and it looks tight if u want pix give me ur email and i will send u a few...
:chill:

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: ....

neiiy69 said:
i have the same set up as u..
the front lights try to get ryber yellow they look just like the fogs.....
and in the back get hyper red to mach the back lights... i have that set up and it looks tight if u want pix give me ur email and i will send u a few...
:chill:
PM'ed you my e-mail address!! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
irv_usc, thanks for the pics... your combination of clears/bulbs look like the one neiiy69 has on his car... look very sweet at night!!

Well, can someone tell me if it's normal that the clear lenses are fogging a lil after turning on the lights?? I did sealed the edges & the sockets of my lenses very well, so I assumed that the "fog" is created by the heat of the bulbs??

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
Roswell said:
irv_usc, thanks for the pics... your combination of clears/bulbs look like the one neiiy69 has on his car... look very sweet at night!!

Well, can someone tell me if it's normal that the clear lenses are fogging a lil after turning on the lights?? I did sealed the edges & the sockets of my lenses very well, so I assumed that the "fog" is created by the heat of the bulbs??
yes. if there is condensation forming on the inside, that's a weather sealing problem. I'm guessing it's really cold over there right now...

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
irv_usc said:
Here is a link to my pics. (yahoo has dynamic links! boo!)

Click Me
Hey Irv... Great job with the markers and bulbs.... Glad i was able to get u most of the parts... I think the combination of markers and bulbs we use, seem to work the best.....!!!!

Also, for anyone who experiences condensation in cold weather or any weather, it is most likely do to water getting in the marker from rain or when you wash your car... To fix, buy a tube of silicone sealant, remove markers, then with your finger run a nice even layer on back side of markers where the lens meets with the housing... Let it dry good, then re-install markers...
That will prevent water from finding its way in there....

- Joe Z :chill:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
10 Participants
fleadog99
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing