Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a speeding ticket and the cop added on a fix it ticket for not having a front license plate (CA). Is there anyway around not having to put my front license on. Can I just pay a fine or is it a must. I would really rather not put it on if at all possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
haha sorry to hear that. yeah, u can pay a large fine or you can do a 10 dollar fix it ticket. i think you just dont want to drill holes. what i recommend is going to a couple cops and ask them to sign off the fix it ticket. some of the cops want to see the license plate on the car before they sign it...some dont care and dont even look at the car. get lucky and ask a couple cops, or just put on the plate

·
Registered
36 Posts
Haha....I got one last year....That was the only reason he pulled me over too and nothing else. You will need to put your plates on. I use to have my plates on my dashboard and that still wasn't good enough for them. The reason they need the front license plate is because...if you're in Southern Cali (San Diego) like me, it's because of the photo enforced lights. That's the only way they can take a picture of you and your plates if you run a red light.

Good luck. Hopefully you can find a cop that won't look at your car and just sign off on it. The cop that signed off on mine went to my car and looked at it before he signs off on it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
theres a thread to using the stock oem plate holder without drilling holes... do that then take it off.. and pay another fix it down the road

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
How many times do you want to get pulled over and have to deal with the issue of you not having your front plate? If you dont care, then by all means, just pay the fine every time. ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
i live in illinios and i got puled over too. i told the cop that i am ordering a front bracket (but im not) also i showed him my front plate bc it was in my glove box.
i got away with just a warning haha

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
heres what you do! go out and buy 3M molding tape. the stuff they use to stick you emblems on! put some on your plate, stick it on there, cruise over to the station, have a cop write it off and as he walks into the building rip it off! bang done. use a lil goo gone if there is residue! simple as that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts