Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a stock front bumper. The ones going for $200 on ebay and such, are those pretty good quality? I know the body kits can be a headache fitment wise.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can tell you that if it’s not oem it will not fit as well without some work. The difference may be slight but if you’re ocd like I am, it’ll annoy you. I got an oem replica rear bumper and found out after I got it painted it was the slightest bit off on one side. Now I’m going to most likely get a used oem one later on down the road because I can’t stand it lol.

·
Mr. Roo
9,449 Posts
When I had my first car (Toyota Corolla) the plastic Toyota used on the OEM bumper was a softer material that actually dented. I'm sure you've heard of "Camry Corner", or seen bumpers with dents. In my experience, the aftermarket plastic replacements are a more stiff brittle material, and while they fit fine, they do not dent, they crack and shatter.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When I had my first car (Toyota Corolla) the plastic Toyota used on the OEM bumper was a softer material that actually dented. I'm sure you've heard of "Camry Corner", or seen bumpers with dents. In my experience, the aftermarket plastic replacements are a more stiff brittle material, and while they fit fine, they do not dent, they crack and shatter.
That totally explains why I see so many "Camry Dents" on Toyotas and Lexuses! Thanks for sharing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts