Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here have lip spoilers on their IS. I waant to know how does the blitz front lip spoiler look like on the is. Where did you guys get the lip spoiler from. Did you have to do any modifiacations.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by NA1-T:
Riced out my S .
If you don't got Taste , sell the IS.

Wdskuk: the Blitz or Trust require modification to fit in .

And if you don't got grammar, get Hooked on Phonics. It werks

·
Registered
571 Posts
do a search on blitz,cos i remember someone posted a pic. of a full blitz kit on a IS300. It was tyte!!!!

Yes, NA1-t is right, they might need modifications as they were really meant for the altezza, which has a slightly different front end. (correct me if am wrong)

Ignore the stockers. They have no clue about the import scene, but still manage to call everything rice. They don't know any better. Forgive them. (However, I don't know what they're doing at a enthusiast board)

[This message has been edited by vvtipwr (edited February 21, 2001).]

·
Registered
759 Posts
Well modders are more enthusiastic than stockers. But to answer the question I had to cut the sides and stretch it about an inch.

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Being installed as we speak:Cast iron turbo exahust manifold, 3 in downpipe, Spearco front mount intercooler, Garret TO4E turbocharger with V-band, air intake charger pipe and air filter, turbo charger heat shield, steelbraided oil feed line and oil return lines, HKS super-sequential blow-off valve, Turbonetics racegate wastegate, 550cc injectors, MSD DIS 4 digital ignition, Haltech E6K engine managment system, Haltech S3 sensor, Terminated wiring harness, Toyomoto crank trigger wheel and hub assembly, powdercoated pipes, power steering cooling lines, thermal heat resistant wire loom...and then there's the outside!

**SOLD** 98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
I thought Blitz was working on a kit made to fit the IS300? what's up with that?

------------------
MAD69

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Originally posted by junedog:
I thought Blitz was working on a kit made to fit the IS300? what's up with that?

yea bottle. was it that blitz front you showed? or a different one?

------------------
Solar Yellow/Black IS300

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Originally posted by Accord-R:
Me and my cousin did it, cost me 40 dollars for the paint
now that doesnt help me much, does it? im disgusted you even said anything, i came to this forum looking for help, and i get this type of bs? im leaving, you heard me, im never coming back...

seriously though... how much would a body shop charge to do something like that?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Stock sucks..............

Why would anyone want to drive a stock car??? Blend in huh, thats good, Just makes me stand out..Anyone into cars can't drive a stocker!!!

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Originally posted by LStyleIS:
Stock sucks..............

Why would anyone want to drive a stock car??? Blend in huh, thats good, Just makes me stand out..Anyone into cars can't drive a stocker!!!
nothing wrong with stock. nothing wrong with modded. nothing wrong with anywhere in between. some of your tastes may fall within that of the majority, then again, some of your tastes may fall outside the majority, and then you will be either praised or ridiculed. in the end, it doesnt mean jack sh|t unless you are happy. screw what the majority thinks, as long as you get yours.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
now that doesnt help me much, does it? im disgusted you even said anything, i came to this forum looking for help, and i get this type of bs? im leaving, you heard me, im never coming back...

seriously though... how much would a body shop charge to do something like that?

to extend the side, if its fiberglass. on a lip should only cost around 100 per side.

------------------
Solar Yellow/Black IS300

·
Registered
759 Posts
Just as long as you don't go to off-topic.net
Actually I have the GReddy front...this was a bitch cause it's urethane...which is good for hitting the curb, but bad for moldng with fiberglass. I think it would be like 500 to 700 dollars to do the urethane front lip cause they have to mod the bumper too, that's what a local body shop told me. He said if it was fiberglass it would be no problem, so many like the other guy said, 100 dollar per side. So take in to consideration when ordering if it's fiber glass or urethane.

Originally posted by DonCorleone:

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Being installed as we speak:Cast iron turbo exahust manifold, 3 in downpipe, Spearco front mount intercooler, Garret TO4E turbocharger with V-band, air intake charger pipe and air filter, turbo charger heat shield, steelbraided oil feed line and oil return lines, HKS super-sequential blow-off valve, Turbonetics racegate wastegate, 550cc injectors, MSD DIS 4 digital ignition, Haltech E6K engine managment system, Haltech S3 sensor, Terminated wiring harness, Toyomoto crank trigger wheel and hub assembly, powdercoated pipes, power steering cooling lines, thermal heat resistant wire loom...and then there's the outside!

**SOLD** 98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here is my IS with Trust (or GReddy) front lip.
Yes, it does require modify to fit into the bumper.
It caz me $400 CAD to do it (paint and mod)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Type-is

What shop did you purchase it from and what kind of mod / alteration was done to the original front nose?

-jay

1 - 20 of 22 Posts