Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the visage front lip from StL_lex04. Great shape! But when I put it on there is wrinkles in the lip. I'll post pics. later today. But was wondering if there are some tricks of the trade to place this on. Do I have to heat it up?
Some help from the elders please.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, ya I'm having fun with this headache.:pissed:

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
let it sit out for awhile eventually it should go back to normal

·
Registered
514 Posts
How the hell?!?!?! this is interesting

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
let it sit out for awhile eventually it should go back to normal

Well its been in the box for months. Then I bought it and put it on. It seemed straight and flat, well the bumper is curved as we all know. What if I place heaters in front of it to warm it up and it might take to the shape of the bumper. After all it is ABS plastic.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well its been in the box for months. Then I bought it and put it on. It seemed straight and flat, well the bumper is curved as we all know. What if I place heaters in front of it to warm it up and it might take to the shape of the bumper. After all it is ABS plastic.
I don't know much about abs plastics, but i wouldn't introduce any heat just yet till you know what is causing the warpage. It could be anything, but if heat is introduced you may cause some irreparable damage. Maybe this lip is for a different spec bumper i.e. sport x?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The sport-x has a totally different bumper. I would place a heater infront of the lip for 5-10 minutes (at a good distance) and see if it could slowly massaged into place. Are all Visage lips made from ABS?
Check!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hope not. Defects are not in my plans. I really hate speed bumps too.
I am placing a small space heater 18" away to warm up the front of the car. Slow heat and we'll see if it will take shape to my BRAND NEW freakin bumper.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts