Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in nj is it legal to drive around without a front license plate now?

because ive heard on the rumor mill that it is now

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
various friends of mine and people at shops ask me why i dont take off my front plate lol

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
no it is not leagal in nj or ny. i have police in the family. also tint on the front windows and windshield is also illegal.

trust me. ive been to court for all of the above many many times.

mess with the bull, you get the horns. i just pay the fines or have a family member make a phone call and have them taken care of usually.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you think if i go 5% tint in rear and 35% in front i can get away with front tints?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
you can go dark as you want in the rear.. but the fronts its iffy.. u can get them done but depends on how some cops feel that day. you may or maynot get a ticket for having windows tinted.. maybe do like 35% all around that way it wont look so dark.. i member on my old 240 i tinted the back half 5% and the driver and pass window like 20% and the fronts looked darker due to dark interior and back half was tinted.. just note when time for inspection you will automatically fail if u have fronts tinted.. i tried to be slick one time and roll my windows down and the bastards rolled them up and failed me :(

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Let's put it this way, any kind of window tints are illegal, unless they are factory installed. It all depends on the cop who's going to pull you over, is he going to be nice or is he going to be a prick and bust your chops

·
Registered
86 Posts
Let's put it this way, any kind of window tints are illegal, unless they are factory installed. It all depends on the cop who's going to pull you over, is he going to be nice or is he going to be a prick and bust your chops
in the year i've had my tints i've been pulled over numerous times but only given a ticket once, and that was 3 days ago. It all depends on who pulls you over, i just happend to get a prick.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
i got a no front plate ticket a week ago... he asked me how long i've had the plate like that, i said 3 yrs. lol. this was my first ticket for having no front plates. i drove to an area i dont usually drive around. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts