Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to the dealer this evening to make a final decision on either the SBM or Yellow. Decided on SBM. But as I was walkin out, I noticed all the IS300's had an attachment on the front bumper area for a license plate. Is it screwed on? Is this something I can ask not to be on my car? Every pic i've seen on this site doesn't have a tag on the front, how'd you all do that?

Train

·
Registered
697 Posts
When they install the license plate, they drill/screw-in holes, which is "pre-dented" (but not drilled).

[This message has been edited by saltedeggman (edited December 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So all you people who don't have front tags, are there holes or just the "pre-dents"? Did you ask them not to drill? Are having the holes OK or will it rust? Never really thought about this before as I've had crap cars and a 4runner up till now.

Thanks
Train

[This message has been edited by A-Train (edited December 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine was screwed in before I bought the car. The bumper is just plastic, but it leaves 4 ugly looking holes.
Lucky for me (I guess) some lady backed into my car with her trailer hitch and left a nice square dent. Now she gets to replace my front bumper, so my ugly holes will be gone. Yeah I guess.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had no plates when I bought the car. But when I got it serviced they put it on because it is against the law not to have pne in Cali. So i just took mine off and left the screw in. Since my IS is white I painted the screws white so u can't even see it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I scratched my old bumper, so i got a new one. there were 4 little knick things so guide for the plate holes. i didn't fill them and i just painted it and it looks nice. i don't have plates in the front and from a distance its a dramatic change. you can still see the dents from up close (very small), but i suggest if you don't have any plates or holes, refill the little dents before painting it or whatever.
Brandon

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
There are no front plates in PA so I told my dealer in advance that I didn't want that bracket attached. So my front bumper is clean except for the four indentations that come on every IS3.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i tried to get the dealer in ny to not put one on but they did. They took drywall screws and just screwed it in the bumber. Very unhappy!!!! Now i have to have it pluged cause i do not want front tag on my car. If you have the option do not take the fron bracket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts