Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a banging sound system in my IS350, and it caused my front left HID to start randomly going out. I have since removed the sound system, but that bulb stills craps out randomly. Could the bulb somehow loosen?, or do you think its damaged and I should buy a new one. Also, is it hard to get into where the bulb is.

/densone

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
I had a banging sound system in my IS350, and it caused my front left HID to start randomly going out. I have since removed the sound system, but that bulb stills craps out randomly. Could the bulb somehow loosen?, or do you think its damaged and I should buy a new one. Also, is it hard to get into where the bulb is.

/densone
Are the HIDs stock or aftermarket?

·
Registered
109 Posts
try swapping out the left and right ballasts.... keep the bulbs in the same place...

see if the problem can be reproduced after the swap

I suspect the ballast is going bad on you...

·
Registered
48 Posts
i'm a dealer or xtralights they might have a ballast but ck to see if there is a brown dark spot in the bulb tha may mean you have a bad one but just swicht the bulbs around to see if bulb is bad or the ballast. let me know and i'll get close to cost for ya.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm a dealer or xtralights they might have a ballast but ck to see if there is a brown dark spot in the bulb tha may mean you have a bad one but just swicht the bulbs around to see if bulb is bad or the ballast. let me know and i'll get close to cost for ya.
thanks I will test this weekend.

·
Registered
382 Posts
shoudlnt it be under warranty still?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts