Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. the purpose of this is to share my experiences and document my findings (and mistakes lol) so that anyone who plans to run a similar setup will know what issues might arise along the way. i'm not writing this to ask any questions. with that being said, let me just say that i've always admired the look of slammed/semi aggressive fitment where the tires are tucked and that this was my goal when i first began.

i first began a few months ago by rolling my fenders both front and rear (not pulled)
recently installed bc racing extreme low coilovers 14k front 12k rear
more recently acquired new wheels f: 18x8.5 +40 and r: 18x9.5 +45

and finally... today, i got new tires f: 225/40 r: 245/35

here's how she sits currently:

at first the fitment seemed to be okay, but when i tested a little further i found that the front tires rubbed against the fenders when turning.

here's what that looks like. this is on flat ground at full wheel lock:

there isn't a lot of tension in the fender; the fender is pretty much resting softly on the tire at full wheel lock. so i figure if the lip of the fender is resting on the tire on flat ground, pulling in/out of a drive way (and taking hard turns) will certainly cause damage to the fender, which is a risk i'm not willing to take at this point. so possible solutions to this would be getting smaller tires for the front, raising my ride height, or pulling my fenders. or maybe all 3 lol.

i will update again tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have similar rim widths and looking to run about the same fitment, except on 17's. I think the rubbing might be from using an 18" vs a 17" with a 40mm tall tire, while also using coilovers.

What did you end up doing?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have similar rim widths and looking to run about the same fitment, except on 17's. I think the rubbing might be from using an 18" vs a 17" with a 40mm tall tire, while also using coilovers.

What did you end up doing?
It is a combination of things. Mostly how much it is lowered. If the front was a 45 or 50 in 8 inch wide it would be fine.

·
Registered
555 Posts
That's the low life for you. Either raise it or get smaller tires for the front. My front fenders are bacon'd from years of soft spring rates and low ride height, now that I have coilovers it doesn't hit unless I really slam it coming into a driveway at speed with the wheels turned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Piggity
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing