Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to turn into a geometry problem, hoping you can help me out. My car has been in the body shop for nearly half a year, then briefly in suspension shop. Parts installed up front:

30mm shortened spindle w/ new bearings
figs 17mm dowell spacers
Serial NINE Sport FUCA (oem length)

On this setup the alignment shop could only get -1 camber with upper arm maxed out inward

I called serial nine, got their ONI arm (25mm shorter), swapped the arms...and now the camber is -7. I am stumped. Serial NINE is stumpe., they're sure I shoulda been able to get to at least -4 on their ONI arm.

What component is screwing up my adjustability? I want to be around -3

Do I need to double up my RCA spacers to 34 like the FIGS site says you can with stacked spacers and longer hardware? This woudm bring the lower arm down 34mm and more closely match the distance the spindle is shortened by, making the arms more parallel than before

Rest of setup: Fortune 500 coilovers, enkei nt03 18x9.5 +27, 225/40/18, racing brake calipers for Supra rotor

·
Registered
581 Posts
I had the same problem with my car. 25 mm shorter spindles/JZX100 upper control arms are approx. 25 mm shorter than stock and with my No. 2 Figs eccentric bushings set to max negative camber I was at -6 degrees. This was with my stock eccentric bolts on the No. 1 control arm all the way in for less negative camber. I wanted way less, so I sold them and had a buddy shorten my stock ones to 10 mm shorter than stock. I haven't had an alignment yet but I figure I'm at ~4 camber. I do need to get new eccentric bolts since my d/s was seized.

So what you'll have to do is max out the length on your ONI arms to give you less negative camber, if that's possible.

FYI, the shortened spindles do give you less negative camber but not too much of a difference.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After much back and forth, i have identified the problem (i think):

I pulled all the arms off the car and stacked them side by side: stock, Serial Nine SPORT, Serial Nine ONI. I immediately noticed an issue: at the shortest adjustment, the SPORT arm was nearly the same length at stock! This arm is advertised as capable of getting -4 camber - that would be impossible if it were the same length at stock when totally shortened

I called Serial Nine and that admitted they had a DEFECTIVE PRODUCTION RUN in which that batch of arms was built with an incorrect length - off by 15 mm too long. They agreed to send me a correct arm (which they claim is being powdercoated and shipping soon).

So if anyone else is having S9 problems - check the length

1 - 3 of 3 Posts