Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have the stock orange ones on there now. i'm thinking it would make a huge difference with some nice clear ones on there. how much for a pair, and how involved is it to install them?

·
Registered
887 Posts
around 30$ on ebay.... and you can install them by the wheel fender... or if you want more room to work.. remove the bumper cover

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
paided $20 for my front ones and $15 for my rear ones.

Ive got a MSM IS3 and they make a huge difference.

but now my rear markers show up as pink (red bulb)

Anyone got a solution to this? I was thinking about getting LED bulbs but wasnt too sure if they would make a difference.

ps. Make sure you have a 3/8 small ratchet.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
You could go to ClearCorners.Com [ top projects ] They offer single & dual LED sidemarkers. You send in your factory sides and they replace the lens with clear ones using your stock housing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are they not availabe in any stores?

(like i have a place around here that would sell em anyway) :rolleyes:

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
I'm sure you could also go through Carson Toyota or Sewell Lexus.

Reactions: azn4life

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I looked around in there today (wheel well) Took a few bolts off, a few plugs, but still don't see how the hell I'm going to get it all apart to access these front ones. I need a very clear instruction, or a pic by pic manual :rolleyes:

·
13,727 Posts
Dude, its so simple. Crank the wheel one way all the way right or left, depending what side you are working on. Remove inner clips that hold wheel well in place, but not all of them. Pry back fender liner enough (perhaps wedge it out with a flat blade screwdriver) to get your hand behind the light.

You will need a small socket wrench, I think 10mm, and you will have to feel where to place it. Loosen both bolts, yes there are only two, and turn light connector clockwise or counterclock wise, I dont think it matters, until it comes out. Replace lens and bulb and reassemble. You do not need to remove the front bumper at all.

Thats how to do the fronts, the rears I dont know because I have not done those, but they cant really be that much different. And ebay has good deals on the OBX ones, thats what I would recommend.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i actually did have all that apart today, yes it is 10mm. I'm just afraid i'm gonna snap somethin while doin it. :rolleyes: but like i said, i had everything apart that you listed. now-- to buy the lenses :rolleyes:

·
13,727 Posts
Buying the lens are the easy part. I actually have some new obx ones sitting at home right now. I tried to install them, I just didnt like them on my IBP. They really stand out and dont match my theme I have going with Black Pearl emblems. The cool thing is that Toyota uses alot of the same parts across model lines, so my friend who has a show quality Scion XA can use them. They are the same part! Yay Toyota!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if i ever conquer my fear of takin the wheel well apart :rolleyes: , i do hope they'll look nice on my graphite gray metallic

·
13,727 Posts
You dont take it apart, you just pull out the fenderwell enough to fit your hand behind there. You wont break anything, except maybe for the clips that hold the liner in place. I broke one on mine, but it fits back in there so tight that it doesnt matter. One day I will probably order another one, but you cant tell unless you look for it. And the clear corners look better on the graphite grays and white models better than any other ones.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
How are your signals working out mayo? I know that someone had some trouble with clear corners in the past, not sure who it was. If enough people are interested i may make some led boards for the clear corners.

You could go to ClearCorners.Com [ top projects ] They offer single & dual LED sidemarkers. You send in your factory sides and they replace the lens with clear ones using your stock housing.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, I haven't been thinkin for 2 months. Been real bust lately haven't had time to think about anything...:rolleyes: But now I'm ready to start modding and spending too much money :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Thanks, I haven't been thinkin for 2 months. Been real bust lately haven't had time to think about anything...:rolleyes: But now I'm ready to start modding and spending too much money :rolleyes:
I'll make your decision easier...see this thread of GGPs and decide what you like

IMO a GGP looks best with them painted. There are also 2 different types of clear side lenses. One of them has kind of a cloudy look and you can't see the orange bulb (the ones you linked appear to be this type), and the others have a clear lens with a chrome type housing.

I have the clear/chrome on my MSM

For future reference, pics of just about anything can be found through the various links from this post

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha, I was just lookin through that thread before I came to read your reply. The ones you got look and sound a lot nicer. Thanks for the help.

Your ride looks good from what I can see, even though I was never a huge fan of the silver. Love how your calipers came out, that's next on the list.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts