Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TRD front lip in Black Onyx and a Ltuned rear Lip in GGP. My IS is GGP.... The question is should I paint the front lip GGP or leave Black? Thanks for your Opinion.

·
Registered
973 Posts
IMO.. Paint The Front Lip GGP Please

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I will intervene here with my own personal opinion and stop it before it starts.
There is no reason you should keep it two tone like you got it out of a junkyard.
Please go spend some money and get it painted.

If you decide not to, hell...post some pics.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Re-opened by request from Dwonger

flame on

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I agree with all to paint the front lip. By any chance what sideskirts do you have on the car?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
This idea should have not even past through your mind :jawDrop: ... Leaving it black on a ggp car... Not only will it look like sh*t, it's just plain stupid...

:mgun: Leave it black :rocket:

:loveit: Paint it :pimp:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
If you want to leave it black sell it to me for my Black IS!!! It will look pimp on my IS in BLACK!!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey guys I have an Onyx IS, and some doors off an 82 corolla in orange, should i paint them before I put them on my car or hope a self respecting IS owner pushes it off a cliff... :duh:

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
As with everyone prior, leaving it unpainted will only look unfinished, cheap, and slapped on. Not worth the risk, in my opinion, for being innovative on this idea.

Keep the flow and lines of the car and paint it to match.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for everyones opinion. The TRD lip is painted black onyx already. I was going to paint it GGP anyways.... I was curious of what others thought of leaving it. I guess the concensus is paint to match. BTW, I saw a picture of a white IS with a black onyx lip it is on the ltunedparts.com website.

Thanks DE for reopening it, you can lock it if you want to.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
dwonger said:
Thanks DE for reopening it, you can lock it if you want to.
hehe. Nope. You wanted opinions so I re-opened.
We'll keep this open to see what else people have to say.
It's surprisingly civil.
:)

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Paint the lip white with some Sherwin Williams paint, it's good stuff, it's gonna look hot, no one will know what kind of car it is, Honda, Hyundai, maybe even a Geo.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Paint it GGP. If it was CF, then it would be tight.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
its amazing that u even thought this up..the idea of putting on an unmatching lip...dude..ur even cheaper than i am...which is..pretty dman cheap..and im sure everyone here knows how much of a damn lowballer i am. i hope you're not chinese, thats just disgraceful.

anyways. link us the pic of the white IS with onyx lip.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts