Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting a pretty good deal on this setup.
i do plan on going s/c around next year.
since average superchargers equate to around 275ish.
what kind of tires should i run in the rear?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,744 Posts
James Hong said:
im getting a pretty good deal on this setup.
i do plan on going s/c around next year.
since average superchargers equate to around 275ish.
what kind of tires should i run in the rear?
I'd personally go with a 8.5" wide rim in the rear and slap on some nice 255s.
 

·
Hot Steamy Goodness
Joined
·
1,588 Posts
I currently have 18x9 in the rear with 255s and they do okay. The car can get rather loose if not careful, even on a low psi...
 

·
Hot Steamy Goodness
Joined
·
1,588 Posts
James Hong said:
what f/i are you running?
Toyomoto Stg II.

Yea, a lil different than a S/C but figure that I get loose on low psi (4-6) I would venture to think that you might incur the same issue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IS300Chic said:
James Hong said:
what f/i are you running?
Toyomoto Stg II.

Yea, a lil different than a S/C but figure that I get loose on low psi (4-6) I would venture to think that you might incur the same issue
^ is that true?
im guessing though, that 245's in the rear is good enough for under 300rwhp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,744 Posts
James Hong said:
IS300Chic said:
James Hong said:
what f/i are you running?
Toyomoto Stg II.

Yea, a lil different than a S/C but figure that I get loose on low psi (4-6) I would venture to think that you might incur the same issue
^ is that true?
im guessing though, that 245's in the rear is good enough for under 300rwhp
I have 245s in the rear now and I'm only pushing 185 rwhp/195 rwtq and I can break my tires lose on 1st gear. But then again, this only happens when I punch it and make a turn.

I think it all comes down to knowing your car and the limit of traction the tires have. Get yourself some good quality tires and you should be fine at the 300 rwhp level. The PHR car which was making over 600 rwhp was riding on 245s and even GTE himself is/was riding on 255s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
I have 225/40/18's up front on 7.5's and 235/40/18's in the rear on 8.5's. I break loose very easy when pulling out and have fish tailed a few times in a hurry. I will be putting 255/35/18 on the rears in the future. :wink:
 

·
Hot Steamy Goodness
Joined
·
1,588 Posts
James Hong said:
IS300Chic said:
Toyomoto Stg II.

Yea, a lil different than a S/C but figure that I get loose on low psi (4-6) I would venture to think that you might incur the same issue
^ is that true?
im guessing though, that 245's in the rear is good enough for under 300rwhp
No, it's not true. I really don't even own a Lex muchless have a turbo. I made it all up.

Why not just get the 255s? It's not like they're that much more than the 245s...unless rubbing is an issue for you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,744 Posts
IS300Chic said:
James Hong said:
IS300Chic said:
Toyomoto Stg II.

Yea, a lil different than a S/C but figure that I get loose on low psi (4-6) I would venture to think that you might incur the same issue
^ is that true?
im guessing though, that 245's in the rear is good enough for under 300rwhp
No, it's not true. I really don't even own a Lex muchless have a turbo. I made it all up.

Why not just get the 255s? It's not like they're that much more than the 245s...unless rubbing is an issue for you
You don't have purple calipers either...:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IS300Chic said:
James Hong said:
IS300Chic said:
Toyomoto Stg II.

Yea, a lil different than a S/C but figure that I get loose on low psi (4-6) I would venture to think that you might incur the same issue
^ is that true?
im guessing though, that 245's in the rear is good enough for under 300rwhp
No, it's not true. I really don't even own a Lex muchless have a turbo. I made it all up.

Why not just get the 255s? It's not like they're that much more than the 245s...unless rubbing is an issue for you
lol. i just wanted more opinions.
easy there chic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,389 Posts
Get 8.5's at least, or if you can get 9's in the back so that you can go up to 265 (with alot of fender work and the right offset). Also if you're car isn't equipped with LSD get the TRD unit, you can't go wrong. Can you say no more fishtailing to the left and scaring the crap out of people :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,744 Posts
IS300Chic said:
lambchop11078 said:
You don't have purple calipers either...:wink:

Are you stalking me?! :eek: :p

:lol: :lol: Yea, yea...so they might not be your common color, but they look cute!
No, we're on different coast lines. I remember Freelance posting pics of your car and the calipers caught my attention.
 

·
Hot Steamy Goodness
Joined
·
1,588 Posts
lambchop11078 said:
No, we're on different coast lines. I remember Freelance posting pics of your car and the calipers caught my attention.
Damn. You got my hopes up :cry:

Ha! I can't believe you remember that it was my car! Mad props! You made fun of them, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,744 Posts
IS300Chic said:
lambchop11078 said:
No, we're on different coast lines. I remember Freelance posting pics of your car and the calipers caught my attention.
Damn. You got my hopes up :cry:

Ha! I can't believe you remember that it was my car! Mad props! You made fun of them, right?
Of course not, I didn't make fun of your car. At that time I was debating on what color to paint my calipers and your calipers caught my attention.

By the way, I read your post on what you paid to install your exhaust. If you ever need help installing a JDM antenna, hit me up. :wink:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top