Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
due to some financial problems in my family....well actually my lil bro just got his licence(sp?) and now insurance is up 250$ a month....im gonna have to get rid of my car to help out my parents for awhile...and the most affordable car i can think of is a civic..(my brother is gonna be "primary" driver of this car)...im trying to look at it on teh bright side...looking at it as another project car...time to hook it up and try to make it as nice as a is300....can a civic ever be fast i guess is what im asking....when i think of civic i think of ricer...man im gonna be miserable

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
damn that sux to hear...........

Civics can be pretty damn nice too, and they are cheaper to mod.

GL with your next car. Be sure to grab another IS when you can ;)

·
Registered
661 Posts
You could always just drive the Civic and save your money, instead of modding the Civic. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
save your money with the civic! Get everything situated with your financial problems and when everything is settled get yourself a nice is350! ^_^ Just save your money!

Another thing to look at is your bro just got his license, so he really doesn't have a good amount of experience behind him so he might bend a wheel or scrape and stuff! You get the picture, hope that helps

·
Registered
285 Posts
dadasups1 said:
due to some financial problems in my family....well actually my lil bro just got his licence(sp?) and now insurance is up 250$ a month....im gonna have to get rid of my car to help out my parents for awhile...and the most affordable car i can think of is a civic..(my brother is gonna be "primary" driver of this car)...im trying to look at it on teh bright side...looking at it as another project car...time to hook it up and try to make it as nice as a is300....can a civic ever be fast i guess is what im asking....when i think of civic i think of ricer...man im gonna be miserable
Damn! that does suck. But at least your helping out your brother who just got his licence. I agree with the other .netters. save your money from modding the civc and use that money to purchase another IS.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
thats a sad thing to go from an IS to a Civic. but good luck with the finances and keep modding.

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
My buddy has a '03 civic si. We put a full greddy turbo kit on it and it is fast as hell. Would walk my IS anyday :frustrate ....until I get boost that is. :cool: But my point is, if you were going to mod...it isnt as expensive as modding an IS. So thats a plus. Good luck with whatever you do though.

Pics of his car.....

·
Registered
557 Posts
300iss said:
My buddy has a '03 civic si. We put a full greddy turbo kit on it and it is fast as hell. Would walk my IS anyday :frustrate ....until I get boost that is. :cool: But my point is, if you were going to mod...it isnt as expensive as modding an IS. So thats a plus. Good luck with whatever you do though.

Pics of his car.....

Man, I'd be frustated being beat by a Minivan also!!

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
DanielIS300 said:
Man, I'd be frustated being beat by a Minivan also!!
haha, his car isnt the best looking....but god damn it is fast. It actually looks a lot better after these pics were taken and his 11 piece wings west wide body kit was installed :cool:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I don't think you should spend money fixing up the civic, since we all know modding is a endless money pit no matter what car you have. Also, why spend money on mods when the primary pruposes was to help out the folks?

I'd get the civic roll in it until your financial situated and hop back into another lex :)

Good luck man. civics are nice stock

·
Registered
941 Posts
Not to mention when you mod a civic you are just blending in with the other 15934548935 modified civic's out there. They are a dime a dozon, and there is almost nothing that you could do to that car to make it original as almost everything imaginable has been done to them.

So... save your money man, keep it stock!

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
dadasups1 said:
Family always comes first......you're doing a good deed to help out your parents. :)

Civics are fun cars to hook up, my 2 nephews have them. Good luck. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
A Civic can certainly be as fast as an IS300. Shoot, you could make a Civic Supra-fast if you really wanted.

And it goes without saying, but you're doing the right thing with your family. Mad kudos. Good man.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
dadasups1 said:
tell your lil brother to get a job and pay that sheit himself.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
Sorry to hear you'll be getting rid of your IS. Modding a civic isn't to bad depending on what year, model and mods. Don't just take the tail lights and exhaust from your IS and put them on your civic.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sorry to hear bro. I agree with saving your money and buying an IS350 later down the road. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
dadasups1 said:
....im gonna have to get rid of my car to help out my parents for awhile...and the most affordable car i can think of is a civic...
if it were me, I would rather get a Scion tC than a Civic, just about the same price.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I'm going to agree wtih LXS4Ross, if you're buying new, at least test-drive the Scion tC, and the Mazda3 (with both the 2.0 and 2.3l) engines. Both the tC and the Mazda3 are still made in Japan which is rare.

Also, keep in mind that the Civic is being fully redesigned for '06. You'll get a great deal on an '05, but the '06s will look totally different.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The 7th gen civics aren't as moddable as older generations. Try an AEM v2 intake and some tru-power underdrive pulleys. Also get the eibach pro kit. That's what I did to my 01. Do the work yourself. You'll find it to be respectful. Nothing special though. Sounds great with the intake and runs smoothly with the pulleys.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts