Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is one of few that is getting a 2001 M3 on release. As for me I plan on getting an IS300 pretty soon. I know he'll kill me on a race.
So my question is anyone out there have a fast IS300? And if so what do you recommended for mods?
I do have an advantage, he doesn't know how to drive a stick very well....

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by Eddy:
My friend is one of few that is getting a 2001 M3 on release. As for me I plan on getting an IS300 pretty soon. I know he'll kill me on a race.
So my question is anyone out there have a fast IS300? And if so what do you recommended for mods?
Check out TurboIS's ride. No timeslips that I know of yet though. I'm sure that it's sufficiently fast.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by Eddy:
Man that sux for his m3.. he'll be gettin a new clutch soon.. anyhow you might want to tell him to be careful with his m3, being that he doesnt know how to drive stick & that m3 is VERY fast he can seriously hurt himself.. so try to tell him to lay off racing for a lil while.. let him get a feel for the car & learn stick to the best of his ability before racing.. see racing takes 2 things.. One you need balls to race, scared racers hurt cars, and themselves. you just dont jump in it & do 100 out of your dealer..secondly you must know your car first..so you know what you can do in a race & what you cant do.. after that you are on your way to mods.. and thats when the fun comes

[This message has been edited by think0rz (edited November 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by saltedeggman:
HIBBoyScott

we posted @ the same time
Don't worry about it-it's happened to me before. I'm just glad that I got it in first!
Hehehe.

[This message has been edited by HIBBoyScott (edited November 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
oh heck, i can see it now
1st gear, off the launch, is300 up
end of first, is300 behind bya car
second gear start, both cars even
end of second, m3 up by two cars
etc etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts