Lexus IS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Lexotic Concepts said:
hey..i dont know if he's a fraud.. but he's on the border right now with me... he said he had a friend who wants my rims. he then said his friend sent the check out... didn't receive anything... sends me another msg saying he cancelled that check and is sending another one which will be here on wednesday thru priority. i still haven't received anything... and the contact number he gave me doesn't work.... and he told me to email his friend but never gave me an email address. i dont know if yellowis300miami is a fraud or not... it might just be his friend that is dickin around... it might be the both of them.. ionno.. but something isn't right.
or maybe they are the same person?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think that same guy is now selling some rims in the Members sale/trade section.... You might want to forwarn any would be buyers about his antics.... just my $0.02

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13346345

If the check bounced, it should be returned to you in the mail. When you get it, see if it can be re-deposited, better yet, as someone stated earlier, call the bank that the check is drawn on and see if that person has the funds available. If they do, CASH IT!!! If not, keep the legal thing going, but hold onto that check and keep trying....that's about the best you can do.

Good luck.

·
8,827 Posts
^^^^
He mentioned something about a canceled check. Re-depositing it will end up in bank fees building up.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
louiee_g said:
actually....banks are focked up. you really can't tell when the check will bounce. the check shows up in your account about a week later, but you won't get the bounced check notification until way later.

my friend wrote me a check. the amount was in my account in less than a week. i assumed it cleared. a couple weeks later he tells me that the check will bounce because he got a notice from his bank. so he gave me cash instead. i was confused because the money was still in my account. 2 weeks went by and i still had the money in my account....plus cash. i thought i was ripping off my friend. but then finally after about a month, i receive a notice in the mail with the bounced check....and a fee for like $5.

LESSON: NEVER ACCEPT A CHECK!! Checks are old technology....and are useless with little protection.

Hey, you're exactly right. That's what happened to me because the bank said it cleared but then later on the funds got rejected a few weeks later. I just heard from my bank afterwards that money orders/cashier's checks can bounce too so there's not much really someone can do to totally prevent it. But my lawyer's contacting the bank and police and will try to have a summons to this person. I'll have all the info I have eventually posted. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
louiee_g said:
actually....banks are focked up. you really can't tell when the check will bounce. the check shows up in your account about a week later, but you won't get the bounced check notification until way later.

my friend wrote me a check. the amount was in my account in less than a week. i assumed it cleared. a couple weeks later he tells me that the check will bounce because he got a notice from his bank. so he gave me cash instead. i was confused because the money was still in my account. 2 weeks went by and i still had the money in my account....plus cash. i thought i was ripping off my friend. but then finally after about a month, i receive a notice in the mail with the bounced check....and a fee for like $5.

LESSON: NEVER ACCEPT A CHECK!! Checks are old technology....and are useless with little protection.
the check clearing process is a long process. basically, it has to go back to the bank the check is from and then back to your bank. when you deposit a check, the bank assumes that you know that there is enough funds and thats why you are depositing the check. so they give you the money ahead of time while processing the checks. unless you want to wait longer to make sure the check really does clear, which i really doubt. depending on the location of the bank the check is from, thats how long it takes the checks to clear.

so like other people have said, take it to the bank the check is drawn on and make sure there is enough funds. if at all possible, cash the check there!

cashiers checks and money orders can be stopped but its a longer process but it does minimize the chances of fraud.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I wouldn't do that yet, better to keep it between the 2 of you 1st and see if you can work it out. No need to post what was e-mailed or pm'ed between the 2 of yout unless he totally ignores your request for payment. Where did you ship the item to, same address as on the check? Not sure but maybe if you ask someone here on the net they might be able to find a phone number and name attached to that address.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
DL said:
I wouldn't do that yet, better to keep it between the 2 of you 1st and see if you can work it out. No need to post what was e-mailed or pm'ed between the 2 of yout unless he totally ignores your request for payment. Where did you ship the item to, same address as on the check? Not sure but maybe if you ask someone here on the net they might be able to find a phone number and name attached to that address.
Hey DL,

I'll email him another time and see if he'll respond this time.

Curtis

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.