Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Anyone have any dealing w/ this IS300.net user??? Recently I sold my set of Axis Seven Wheels to this buyer's friend or who he claims is his friend down in Miami, FL. However, after receiving the check and waiting a week, I sent the wheels as promised. Well, I received a call from my bank two weeks ago saying the check bounced. :pissed: :pissed: I tried getting in touch with the buyer and at first, they seemed sincerely sorry but two weeks have gone by and still no payment. Does anyone know this person's name or their phone number??? Please help so I can make this guy pay.

I just filed a police report down in Miami and a lawyer is helping me with a summons to California. However, I would still like his name so I can provide it to the police. I have already sent the information to the police and they said they would be willing to look into it for me.

Please help me with this if you have the info.

Thanks,

Curtis

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
shouldn't his name be on a check?

also for a % ill take on the check, and put it on his credit.

David

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The name of the check is actually a company.

My lawyer called yesterday, found some info, and looks like it's a gas station down there but he's still looking into it.

There's a signature but it's scribbled and hard to read. I'll scan and post the check and all the other email exchanges in a few days.

Ck

·
Registered
30 Posts
something like this actually happened on another board i was on and the moderator was actually able to dig up all the information (name, address, phone number and etc.) im not exactly sure how he did it but if you need me to ask, i could give it a try.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
- do you normally wait until the check clears before shipping an item??

·
8,880 Posts
Most likely you're SOL.
I've lost money on checks before.
FYI, Money order/Cashiers check minimizes chances of fraud.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Well I am in Miami, and I have a yellow IS, but it sure as hell wasn't me. If you give me as much info as you have, i will try to locate this person for you. I know a few Troppers/Police officers down here so maybe they can help.]

[/quote]

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
you sent your rims to some one whos name u dont have? and u didnt wait for the check to clear? this probably sounds mean but you deserve what you got.

I hope you find the guy though.

cant the bank tell you who account the check was from?

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
I confess.... it was ME and my homies down in MIA. Actually no it wasnt :roll:

Make a mental note to let personal checks CLEAR and show up in your account before shipping an item. Kinda sucks but you should know better by now with all these scammers around. Police reports and lawyers dont sovle anything. I have read on other forums that it get them nowhere, just a big drawn out pile of red tape that inevitably doesnt get ur money back.

Good luck.

·
Registered
350 Posts
actually....banks are focked up. you really can't tell when the check will bounce. the check shows up in your account about a week later, but you won't get the bounced check notification until way later.

my friend wrote me a check. the amount was in my account in less than a week. i assumed it cleared. a couple weeks later he tells me that the check will bounce because he got a notice from his bank. so he gave me cash instead. i was confused because the money was still in my account. 2 weeks went by and i still had the money in my account....plus cash. i thought i was ripping off my friend. but then finally after about a month, i receive a notice in the mail with the bounced check....and a fee for like $5.

LESSON: NEVER ACCEPT A CHECK!! Checks are old technology....and are useless with little protection.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
There is one way to get around that, Take the check, call the bank that is on the check, and give them the account # and have them run a check to see if funds are available.

But still you shouldn't take checks, Money oders are better.

·
8,880 Posts
O3 said:
COD bro have to do COD
Exactly.
COD Money Order/Cashiers Check only.
You can still get burned on that. No details, but it's possible.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
vlad_a said:
Most likely you're SOL.
BS.. There's more fraud w/ a money order and cashiers check than anything else. Anyway a money order and a cashiers check are no better than a check. Did you know that you can cancel a money order or a cashiers check. I didn't either until just recentley when I almost got scammed. Do your homework, there's scammers all over the place.

·
8,880 Posts
IS_Dude said:
vlad_a said:
Most likely you're SOL.
BS.. There's more fraud w/ a money order and cashiers check than anything else. Anyway a money order and a cashiers check are no better than a check. Did you know that you can cancel a money order or a cashiers check. I didn't either until just recentley when I almost got scammed. Do your homework, there's scammers all over the place.
1) Read my post right above yours.
2) Key word is "MINIMIZES". It is less likely to be burned on a piece of paper that costs real money to get than just a piece of paper. :lol:
BTW, it is not easy as easy to cancel a money order/cashiers check than it is to stop/bounce personal/company check. I did stop a money order before when I was being scammed.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Get a paypal account and request that all transaction be done by paypal if you're shipping. Once the money is transferred from paypal it's yours for the keeping, if they try to scam you on paypal saying that they didn't get thier package, just provide proof that it was delivered and signed for and you should be on the winning side.

Sorry to hear about what happened to you, hopefully it's not a stolen check from the gas station.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
hey..i dont know if he's a fraud.. but he's on the border right now with me... he said he had a friend who wants my rims. he then said his friend sent the check out... didn't receive anything... sends me another msg saying he cancelled that check and is sending another one which will be here on wednesday thru priority. i still haven't received anything... and the contact number he gave me doesn't work.... and he told me to email his friend but never gave me an email address. i dont know if yellowis300miami is a fraud or not... it might just be his friend that is dickin around... it might be the both of them.. ionno.. but something isn't right.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts