Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed the frame of my IS creaking around the sunroof and rear windows whenever the car is positioned slightly sideways on a slight slope..

For example, when i pulled into a sloped driveway to make a 3pt turn. Not steep at all. The noise concerned me coz it felt like something might break..

anyone experience this ?

·
Registered
446 Posts
yeah....i've experienced that as well....every time i get out from the drive way (head first), while the car go throught the slight slope to the flat fround, i hear this cracking sound in between roof and door....i thought i was imagining....we should probably let the dealer know this problem....does anyone else have experienced this? could it be the structure of the car? that it's too boxy?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by GMoney:
BODY FLEX, its normal...
No that's NOT normal... Mine doesn't do it... the cars I test drove didn't do it. I'd complain to the dealer...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by s0yb0mb:
No that's NOT normal... Mine doesn't do it... the cars I test drove didn't do it. I'd complain to the dealer...
acutally body flex is normal. but proper lubing of the chasis keeps it quite.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by s0yb0mb:
It happens, body flex is body flex. If you want to eliminate some body flex noise, Like Z Guy said, proper lubing will do the trick or just get full roll cage and you guys can roll up to a McDonalds parking lot with out hearing that sound again..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts