Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody I have located two of these cars. I am considering them both but I'm looking for some helpful advice.

The first vehicle is a 2007 with the sports package and it has 80 K on it.
The second vehicle is a 2008 base model without the sports package.

I have been conducting research and I read about the steering upgrade that Lexus did for 2008.

Considering that both cars have the same mileage and are the same price, which is a better value?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

By the way both cars have no accidents and have their service records.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think we need more info. What's the asking price for those IS350's?

Sport pkg is a big plus. It's a package you must have.

Unfortunately when buying used cars there's no way of telling if has gone through some sort of accidents as they don't always get reported by CarFax or the like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
both around 23000.00 cdn....

I understand that u never really know when it comes to accidents - but Im not looking to spend full retail new prices....Im hoping that the Lexus dealerships are knowledgeable enough to spot an accident car quickly.

If it turned out that the car was in an accident and I bought it under the assumption that it was not - then Im pretty sure that Im entitled to return the vehicle and receive my money back...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
More important is has ALL the relevant TSIBs, campaigns and recalls been accomplished! Does it have lighted gas door release and VSC/TC disable button control? I would go for the '08 myself and bargain down the price as much as you can and install a good set of coil overs later on. Make sure you get a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty if it's certified preowned,...what dealership????

Get them to throw in some goodies, like cabin and trunk mats, rear spoiler if you like,...anything. Just don't settle for what they are asking.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got an 08 IS350 with 89k miles for sale for 21K if you're interested. Clean title and already had all the recalls/TSIB's done. Fresh fluids, brakes, and seals in the rear end. Car is 100% ready to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts