Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pulling into the Alewife parking garage to go to work when I noticed an engine and transmission sitting next to where I usually park my car.

Naturally, I took pics. And here it is. I wonder if they charged it for parking there.

Go Fast Geeks, see if you can identify it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
haha. loox like an old engine to a comaro or somthing that sum kids tried to strap onto a wooden frame with wheels and ride it until a pipe busted and the oil started leaking

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lexus_Rex said:
is that Sophie's new project???
My new project? No, Bunghole Liquors is my new project. I wanna OWN it!
Then turn it into a whorehouse.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
it's a chevy V8...at least i know it's a gm...

count the spark plugs plus the dist cap...there's 8...not 6...

i'm guessing it's a 350...

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should I take it home and use it as a coffee table?

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
oh...and that's an auto tranny too... maybe a turbo 400??? nah...hmm...

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's a Chevy small block V8. Looks like it came out of a truck. It has a a 4-barrel intake manifold. Probably out of an early 80's vehicle since it has an EGR valve. It has an HEI distributor (which could be worth something if it's intact) and has a Turbo 350 3-speed automatic transmission.

Don't know why someone would get rid of that unless it has some serious damage. Those engines can usually be rebuilt a few times before you have to junk them.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jeff Silva said:
It's a Chevy small block V8. Looks like it came out of a truck. It has a a 4-barrel intake manifold. Probably out of an early 80's vehicle since it has an EGR valve. It has an HEI distributor (which could be worth something if it's intact) and has a Turbo 350 3-speed automatic transmission.

Don't know why someone would get rid of that unless it has some serious damage. Those engines can usually be rebuilt a few times before you have to junk them.
So you think I should get it and sell it on ebay????

And how much does the HEI distributor go for????
:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
Jeff Silva said:

So you think I should get it and sell it on ebay????

And how much does the HEI distributor go for????
:)
you could probably sell it for a few hundred, people are always looking for a 350, doesnt look like its been taken apart much, if at all., list it up on ebay for $500 for the both and you'll get some hits. looks to me like it came out of a base model V8 2nd gen Fbody, but they were used in trucks as well, there should be a VIN on the block, if you can read it i'll see what it says.

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Re: Found an engine in a parking lot. Go Fast geeks Identify

SophieSleeps said:
I was pulling into the Alewife parking garage to go to work when I noticed an engine and transmission sitting next to where I usually park my car.
The Red line's ghetto. Where do you work? I used to work at State Street.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kendall/MIT

I know an IS owner that works/used to work at State Street.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think it is there for a reason so just leave it alone before the guy at the junkyard says he doesn't want it and it is placed in your backyard for your neighbors viewing pleasure.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
16 Participants
SophieSleeps
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing