Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a FOSGATE amp: 800a2 (800 watt, obviously) and I want to know what subs should I go with??? I want two-12's. Would this AMP be able to push two 12 inch JL AUDIO W3v2s? I was running two- 12 inch DVCs (older ones) and one blew. Those sounded good. Should I just stick with FOSGATE and get two Rockford Fosgate HX2 RFD2212 12" Dual 4-Ohm Voice Coil Component Sub???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LISNUP: will the AMP I have PUSH two 12 inch IMAGE DYNAMICS? And also, do you think I can use the box that my DVCs were in? Its a closed box (i do not know shit about audio)...

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Username said:
LISNUP: will the AMP I have PUSH two 12 inch IMAGE DYNAMICS? And also, do you think I can use the box that my DVCs were in? Its a closed box (i do not know shit about audio)...
IDQ's will work nice or get 1 ID MAX. I need to know the size of the internal airspace of the enclosure to comment on if it will work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lisnup65: Thanks. I measured the OUTSIDE of the box (not sure if it will help)
TOP DEPTH (front to back): 14 inches
BOTTOM DEPTH (front to back):16 inches
Height: 13 inches
Width: 28 1/2 inches.
The thickness of the wood is APRROX 3/4 inch (not sure 'cause of the carpeting). Sealed box with plexiglass window in the rear.
I have no idea if this helps, but just wondering if this might give you an idea if the speakers you recommend would sound good in this box. If not, any other SUB suggestion? Hope this isnt too much of a STUPID question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Username
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing