Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THIS BUMPER IS NOW FOR SALE !! *whOO hOO* ;)

SPEC: Stock OEM front bumper with shaved sidemarkers w/ AMUSE front lip custom molded on.

bumper alone has 1k worth of modding + paint

** the front bumper has some sort of a slit on it about a pinky length long ( needs to be replaced ) **

i donno how i got this b.c i never hit, scraped, or ran into anything with this bumper

I'm looking for a $300 for the whole bumper w.out OEM front

I'm willing to negotiate

this trade does not include the splitter but i can part it out for an extra $200 :)

** As you can see on the 2 first pictures you dont see the slits... its not noticable unless ur trying hard to look for it **

HERES THE PICTURE OF WHAT I MEAN ABOUT THE SLIT ( it needs to be replaced for those of you who are really picky ) its not noticable but can be fixed by any bodyshop.

i drew a white line on the side of the front bumper to show what im talkin about

REMINDER:

you most likely have to repaint, if u dont buy the splitter b/c it'll leave 2 holes

you need to get the front right side fixed

PM for any questions or aim --> itz jOw3

+ ONLY CA BUYERS +

IRVINE, OC, FULLERTON, ANAHEIM GOT FIRST DIBS

·
Registered
926 Posts
by the way, why you selling your bumper bro !?!?! ive seen this bumper in person and i never noticed the slits on it

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
the slit is a CRACK & i believe it occurred because with the added weight of the Amuse lip molded onto the stock bumper, PLUS the considerable downforce generated by the big ass Splitter sticking way out like out 4 inches in front center from the bumper.... it literally just tore itself a new one along the side.....

OR you drilled a parking curb & dont want to fess up... ?

it almost looks like you were backing out or down a driveway & you hit something & caught the splitter, & it PULLED the bumper out & up to crack the ends like that.....

remove the splitter or move it back to fit better & have less leverage on the bumper & it might be ok.... but ya still gotta fix the crack....

good luck on yer next mods...

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
edgy said:
the slit is a CRACK & i believe it occurred because with the added weight of the Amuse lip molded onto the stock bumper, PLUS the considerable downforce generated by the big ass Splitter sticking way out like out 4 inches in front center from the bumper.... it literally just tore itself a new one along the side.....

it almost looks like you were backing out or down a driveway & you hit something & caught the splitter, & it PULLED the bumper out & up to crack the ends like that.....

remove the splitter or move it back to fit better & have less leverage on the bumper & it might be ok.... but ya still gotta fix the crack....

good luck on yer next mods...

no i didint drill into a parking curb

no i didint back out and hit something

i think if i did it would have scratches on it along with dents

stop with your negative comments and trying to be funny with your immature jokes....they are lame so take it somewhere else man

stop trying to mess up my forsale post

im being straight up and honest about this sale.

+ all the people whos posted on here so far seen my car + bumper in person more than you have.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
edgy said:
QUOTE]

dam edgy, dont accuse so easily man.
If jowe said he didnt hit anything, than he most likely didnt. We all know each other around here. No reason to lie about something like that.

I agree with you about how the extra splitter might be giving too much down force though.. that makes logical sense to me.

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
You spelled...Fullerton...wrong *runs* :lol: :lol:
J/k Bump for a nice front bumper!

·
Registered
336 Posts
bump for a sexy car in the 1st pic (not jowe's the TCM next to it) :)

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
what did you use to clean your car in the first pic...thats crazy!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
bump for wannabe m3.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts