Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shame:

Anyone checked out this article at forbes.com (http://www.forbes.com/2003/07/22/cz_jf_0722flint.html)

Here's the part about IS300 copied from the article:

We recently heard from a woman in Canada complaining about the manual transmission and clutch in her 2002 Lexus IS300.

"My dealer said he took a few used 2002 IS300s out for a run and discovered they all had similar problems in varying degrees. On the Lexus forums (those chat rooms) many people complain of the same type of transmission problems after about 4,000 to 5,000 miles."

But the worst example of "customer care" occurred when Lexus sent someone to the dealer to look at this woman's car. She writes: "I called the dealer today who said that the Lexus people test drove another used Lexus on the lot and decided it felt okay to them and they therefore don't want or need to see my car. That's when I just burst into tears." Heck, why bother to drive her car, right?

The point of these two notes is that the way the customer is treated may be the most important quality of all. This woman had had a previous Lexus that she loved. Now you can bet she'll never buy Lexus or Toyota again.

Quality--whatever we mean by quality--is just one factor in buying a car. Looks, performance and love are also important. Yes, I'd buy a New Beetle convertible and take my chances even though Volkswagen (otc: VLKAY - news - people ) has slipped in recent quality surveys.
[/quote]

Hmmmm, maybe we're not imagining those tranny problems afterall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts