Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
umm Yeah... That's nothing short of a dream machine
and I'm willing to "bet my bile duct" that the Sultan of Brunei has one in his harem of cars...
Luxury to please a King, performance to satisfy most driving enthusiats, and the exclusivity of a Movie Star.....
Eric....

That car is the essence of OVERKILL

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 15, 2000).]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
except for in the horsepower department

Originally posted by EricK:
umm Yeah... That's nothing short of a dream machine
and I'm willing to "bet my bile duct" that the Sultan of Brunei has one in his harem of cars...
Luxury to please a King, performance to satisfy most driving enthusiats, and the exclusivity of a Movie Star.....
Eric....

That car is the essence of OVERKILL

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 15, 2000).]

·
Registered
511 Posts
Way too big, too heavy, too pimpy...

Eric, where is a good Mercedes board? A friend needs to sell here Brabus 18x8 wheels (fair condition, some curb rash) with 225/40 P7000's and I need to figure out what they are worth.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by hasanazhar:
Hey Eric, ya think you could unload some stock and buy me one of those on my birthday?
Please!!!

black/ivory
17"
Hasanazhar, so you wouldn't mind making the insurence payments on a $415,000+ car?

Eric.....

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hmm, if I was a legit player I'd wait for the Maybach and save ~150K.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by S38:
Way too big, too heavy, too pimpy...

Eric, where is a good Mercedes board? A friend needs to sell here Brabus 18x8 wheels (fair condition, some curb rash) with 225/40 P7000's and I need to figure out what they are worth.
S38,
To tell you the truth, I don't know of any Mercedes boards, nor do I care to go into them. If only Mercedes Benz had a board with the people from here...
. The best search engine I know is www.metacrawler.com (it searches all the other search engines) and you'll probably find the board you're looking for... Sorry I couldn't be of much help...
Eric..

·
Registered
511 Posts
I know what you mean, not exactly car nuts are they (except you of course).

A bit of research shows that the cheapest 18" Brabus goes for like $800 EACH.

Kevin

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
You and Eric are right. I wonder if there are more Merc enthusiasts in Europe, especially since you can get decantered models over there with a variety of engines.

Originally posted by S38:
I know what you mean, not exactly car nuts are they (except you of course).

A bit of research shows that the cheapest 18" Brabus goes for like $800 EACH.

Kevin

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I think Mercedes Benz will start to draw more enthusiats to their line of cars because they have become more of a driver's cars (like BMW always was & now Lexus) in the last few years.... Remember back then with the 190 2.3/2.6 baby benz and the S-class with their sloppy handling and wallowy ride? The only cars that were more driver oriented was the E-class, SL class (out of most peoples' price range, and the 1986 AMG Hammer 6.0 ($160,000).. Well things are very different now at Mercedes Benz. Since 1993, their cars have become more affordable. There are now CLK models (beautiful styling, peformance to boot based on the C-class chassis), available sports pakages throughout their line up, peppy engines, and cars like the upcoming C32.
Keep in mind that Lexus started just like Mercedes Benz with uninspiring cars to drive. Take a 1990 LS400/ES250 through the windy canyon roads and you'll see what I mean. The ES300 was a step up, but was not a true performance sedan having a front drive configuration. The GS300 which debuted in 1993 handled nicely but did 0-60 in 9.4 seconds. Now with the Sportier GS300/GS430 and IS300 more and more enthusiants are drawn to the Lexus line up which is evidenced by this message board....
Eric...

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 16, 2000).]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts