Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Arizona boys/girls,
-I just bought the car that "onyx is" built a couple of years back, toyomoto turbo, 6spd, 600+rwhp etc... it was for sale here awhile ago (http://my.is/forums/f99/sold-34k-03-turbo-is300-6-spd-222100/) but actually ended up selling to a guy in Phoenix through autotrader.
-Then the guy from Phoenix sold it to a dealer here in Utah last fall at an auction, the dealer has just had it sitting on his lot cuz he didnt know shit about the car...
-So I just bought it from the dealer a couple of days ago...

My question is for the Arizona guys is if any of you know who the second owner was in Phoenix? I am trying to get ahold of him b/c he parted out some of the stuff on the car and I need to get ahold of him to find out exactly what is missing without having the rip the entire car apart.

Its going to be a bad ass car but definitely needs a little $ and some TLC. When "onyx is" sold it, it was flawless but I think the guy in Phoenix let it go a little bit and now needs some cleaning up... if anyone can help me that would be awesome.
Thanks in advance and there is definitely some + rep for anyone that can help me out ;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
so wait, you bought a car, sold it to a guy who sold who sold it to another guy who solder it to a dealer, then you got it back again?!

·
13,727 Posts
^^^^He didnt have it then sell it, he just bought it.

I would also recommend you try the "West" forum or even ask around to members such as Richcracker and TahoeSSDVD, they live up in PHX and post in the PL a lot. They may have some answers for you.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^ thanks man, i will talk to them and see if they know, and the car is going to need a little work but its not have as bad as it looked on ebay...

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
What do you think could be missing?

Does it run shyte?

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Take pictures/list everything that are on the car. Contact "Onyx IS" and see if anything is missing.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you think could be missing?

Does it run shyte?
Well I know he parted out the Haltech E6 for sure and the 750cc injectors, but I think everything else is there for the most part... It does start up and will run, but throttle is not responsive and idles very low and then will jump to about 2k rpm then back down

I just wanted to talk to the last owner about any problems/issues he had with the car and just get some detail from his point of view etc...

Chigger- I did send a pm and a email to "onyx is" but when I checked out his info it said he hasnt been on the site since like september of last year, and I will get some pics up tomorrow, thanks a ton for you input

Thanks again everyone, hopefully somebody comes across this thread who knows the previous owner personally

·
Registered
425 Posts

This was the only toyomoto IS that I know here in AZ that had that much horsepower. I believe his name was Justin or something along those lines. I met him at the Best Buy IS300 meet in chandler. He was a member on this forum. Do a search. He had problems getting it tuned here in AZ.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

This was the only toyomoto IS that I know here in AZ that had that much horsepower. I believe his name was Justin or something along those lines. I met him at the Best Buy IS300 meet in chandler. He was a member on this forum. Do a search. He had problems getting it tuned here in AZ.

Thats it ;) thanks a ton man, i will search and try to find out his screen name + rep

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've solved the mystery. It was me. The haltech e6 was never removed. I sent you a pm. Give me your # and I'll tell you all about it.

Oh and just so you know it's not often I'm on this site anymore so it might take a couple days to call you but I will try to check it to help out.

I hope to be on here alot more since the woman wants an IS and I'm going to try and find a nicely modded one for her.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've solved the mystery. It was me. The haltech e6 was never removed. I sent you a pm. Give me your # and I'll tell you all about it.

Oh and just so you know it's not often I'm on this site anymore so it might take a couple days to call you but I will try to check it to help out.

I hope to be on here alot more since the woman wants an IS and I'm going to try and find a nicely modded one for her.

sounds good man, + rep as promised ;)

... so are you the last owner who sold it at the auction in Arizona? Cuz thats where the guy that i got it from purchased it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts