Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a friend's SL55 with the new formula of zaino Z5, 2 coats with ZFX. Buffed vehicle with 3M SMR for dark cars before doing the zaino process. Here are pics.

my C320 with 4x Z5/ZFX

C320 next to a friend's CL55 with Zaino on it too (Z5), Z16 on the tires on both cars too. Not a swirl mark in sight!

i love this one of the C320. Look where the flash is seen on the paint, no swirls.

In this pic the zaino has been on there for 3 months, just used Z7 wash and dried. Looks, feels, and beads water like the day I applied it!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Thank you for the post. I think I will have to stick with Carnubas. That car shines like crazy, but the depth of the shine is real shallow from those pics. I think P21S gives a MUCH deeper shine from what I can tell in those pics.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
AsianSensation334 said:
looks damn shiny right there. :p

-Ringo
Ringo, look at the depth of the shine. Here is a pic of my car with carnuba:

Notice how much deeper the shine is on my car vs that mercedes. I still think for dark colors carnubas give a much deeper look to the car.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wxman said:
Thank you for the post. I think I will have to stick with Carnubas. That car shines like crazy, but the depth of the shine is real shallow from those pics. I think P21S gives a MUCH deeper shine from what I can tell in those pics.
no prob mark, its all about preference. I too love the shine of a carnuaba on black but in my area the waxes just wont last on a black paint finish. Thats why I chose zaino.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Can this wax be applied to the bumpers as well? I got a black onyx and those scratches on the bumpers are pretty visible.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
buister said:
Can this wax be applied to the bumpers as well? I got a black onyx and those scratches on the bumpers are pretty visible.
Wax can and should be applied to all painted surfaces. Likewise, any kind of polish or swirl remover can also be used, as necessary.

Wxman,
S100 (questionably) is a rebadge of P21S products. S100 is cheaper and generally more readily availible at local Harley Davidson stores. Both S100 and P21S products can be purchased at CMA. Just search for S100 or P21S.

Anyway, I love S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser and Paste Wax. Absolutely the easiest to apply and remove that I have used. SEC is quite effective as a polish, but doesn't do a lot for swirls. SEC + wax = 45 minutes or less.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
By the way, here is a chart from the links above:

They say that P21S is the top rated carnuba wax. Here is a direct quote: "This wax was recently rated the #1 paste wax in an independent test of 46 waxes!

This wax was recently rated the #1 paste wax in an independent test of 46 waxes!

Congratulations to the elves at P21S®. The word is getting out and this wax is finally getting the recognition it deserves. We've always touted P21S Carnauba Wax as the most undervalued wax in the marketplace. For years we've recommended this wax to enthusiasts who wanted to go beyond the department store brands and get their feet wet in the world of really high quality car care products.

P21S Carnauba Wax is a hand-poured blend of German waxes, proprietary ingredients and pure Brazilian Carnauba wax. The result is a wax that goes on and comes off with incredible ease. There's virtually no chalky, powder residues and it won't stain rubber, plastic, or vinyl trim moldings.

Bottom line, it gives a spectacular shine in very little time. We recommend it without reservation."

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.