Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey for those with the rear strut, did you guys keep the trunk lining on? If you did, did you just cut one big hole in the lining? I know the bar is one piece, and im expecting my bar to come in tomorrow, so just want to know how you guys did it. Post pics if possible. Thanks

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
That is the only reason I did not purchase a rear strut tower brace. I did not want to cut the carpeting. Unfortunately the TRD one piece so it looks like you will have to cut rather large holes in the trunk lining in order to retain it.

Reactions: flyingcxp

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, thanks for the info, i might just do what kponti does. You guys know how much the inside lining cost just in case?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Make sure to remove the trunk pass thru lid if you plan to use it. Note that the opening has a flap, which was not cut off and just folded inwards.

Attachments

Reactions: flyingcxp and _DAG_

·
Registered
81 Posts
Where can you buy these TRD struts? I'm not having any luck finding them. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SilverF16 said:
Make sure to remove the trunk pass thru lid if you plan to use it. Note that the opening has a flap, which was not cut off and just folded inwards.
Cool, thanks for that pic, repped all.

I got my rear strut on ebay for like 70 bucks, got it cheap so went with it instead of a plp.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yeah I see them on ebay quite often.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
SilverF16 said:
thats exactly how I did mine, except my holes werent cut that big.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i think another factor in this...
whether to reinstall carpet/ chop carpet is whether you have adjustible shock/ or a coilover system.
i chopped a hole for the strut bar and cut a slit in the carpet so you can fold it up to access the dampening adjustment. (stupid JIC doenst have a EDFC, argh. lol)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts