70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's your part number for the kit:

I'm not sure if it can be ordered or not though. Someone will have to try. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's very easy to install. Uses one of the empty connectors on the ECU in the trunk. The kit comes with the push to talk switch and the microphone.

Basically the same as the voice recognition that is factory standard in the LS, LX and GX.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
jp82729 said:
Here's your part number for the kit:

I'm not sure if it can be ordered or not though. Someone will have to try. :D
What commands does it understand?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can control the radio and navigation with it. Things like "AM radio" "zoom out" "go home"...I think there 150 or so commands.

I will try to get a list from the LS430 manual.

Not super useful, but it's a cute toy :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I also tried the parts department.. I tried Lexus and Toyota since I think it was mentioned that this may be a Toyota Avalon part.

jp82729,
If you received the kits from your employer, who is your employer?
Someone on your end must know something.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like vaporware... well it exists but may not actually be what is claimed.. I hope not, because I'd like to get it, but only one person on this board has it and no one else (here, at Lexus dealers, at Toyota dealers) knows anything about it.

I'm sure somebody can get in touch with a Japan Toyota dealer just like they can get the JDM dash tray for oversees Altezzas.

Anybody know anyone?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TylerBStanley said:
we need a part number!

86750-44020

As I said, it might be a Japan part only. I work on navigation evaluation, so we get these shipped directly from engineering in Japan. I can only provide you guys with the part number, I don't know any sales or parts availabilty information. We need some Toyota/Lexus dealer help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For those interested in this and haven't seen the other thread I started,

here's a repost of my message from the following thread.

http://is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13367679

-------------------

A lot cheaper than I expected.

86750-44020 $47.00

Please PM me with your name, number and email address if you are interested in having Steve order one for you and I'll pass on your info to him.

I haven't tried this myself so I can't say it actually works, but it has been reported to work well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
now that we can get prices and parts from japan. Can someone look up the price for the TV-Tuner (product # 86010-53010). It will work on the factory navigation system just like the microphone does. It plugs into an empty port on the navigation box in the trunk. Remember other countries can have TV on their lexus from the factory. We don't get that option. If someone can order this part we all will have tv on or factory navigation.

·
8,849 Posts
02SilverIS300 said:
now that we can get prices and parts from japan. Can someone look up the price for the TV-Tuner (product # 86010-53010). It will work on the factory navigation system just like the microphone does. It plugs into an empty port on the navigation box in the trunk. Remember other countries can have TV on their lexus from the factory. We don't get that option. If someone can order this part we all will have tv on or factory navigation.
Unless Japan uses NTSC, which I do not think is the case, the TV tuner will be useless.

·
8,849 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.