Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where exactly would you mount the maf?

would you have to weld it in before the throttle body? or do you place it on the intake pipe?

i will be using the ge harness/ge ecu with the AEM FIC.....since thats what im running now..

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Thanks....did you have to extend the wiring for the maf to reach over there?

doesn't look like it will reach to the intake manifold side unless i extended it.
When I reskinned my harness to the aristo motor I fed the maf lines back from the other side. I didnt have to extend any wires but its not a bad thing if you do. just get good connections.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Blow Through Mass Air Flow Sensor

Blowthrough . Put it 6-8 inches away from the throttle body. thats where mine is.
Blow Through Mass Air Flow Sensor???
Right now I am using the Synapse Synchronic BOV with the Anti-Stall Kit. My SCxxx would stall out if I don't downshift when coming to a stop. I had to raise the revs via (Throttle Cable to avoid this issue) This was not needed before I installed the Synapse Synchronic BOV with the Anti-Stall Kit & going single turbo. My original plan was to recirculate the Blow Off Valve right after the Mass Air Flow Sensor but due to pipe & plumming I went the other route. I was thinking about placing the Mass Air Flow Sensor right before the Throttle Body too and install the Blow Off Valve (recirculated) on the Hot Side.
I quess the question is how long have you been running this set-up???
Did you run into any issues???
Do you have any pictures of your Mass Air Flow Sensor installed???

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Definitely blow through, 12 inches (there's some play here) before the TB and in a non-turbulent portion of the piping. Not because of single turbo, GTE, or even turbo anything... But because that's the configuration that the OE ECU is setup for.

That and get the tuning correct.

Your blowoff should not vent metered air which means it needs to be before the MAF or recirculated if after the MAF (but is there room? and turbulence issues?).

Check this link for I/C and MAF plumbing pics:
http://my.is/forums/f114/building-aristo-swap-is300-daily-driver-329091/index10.html#post4954823

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blow Through Mass Air Flow Sensor???
Right now I am using the Synapse Synchronic BOV with the Anti-Stall Kit. My SCxxx would stall out if I don't downshift when coming to a stop. I had to raise the revs via (Throttle Cable to avoid this issue) This was not needed before I installed the Synapse Synchronic BOV with the Anti-Stall Kit & going single turbo. My original plan was to recirculate the Blow Off Valve right after the Mass Air Flow Sensor but due to pipe & plumming I went the other route. I was thinking about placing the Mass Air Flow Sensor right before the Throttle Body too and install the Blow Off Valve (recirculated) on the Hot Side.
I quess the question is how long have you been running this set-up???
Did you run into any issues???
Do you have any pictures of your Mass Air Flow Sensor installed???
aren't you using the gte harness with ecu? i saw this guy put his maf on the intake pipe of the turbo....since your using both the maf and map sensors you shouldn't have a problem if you went this route

here is the link of this guy, not sure if you saw it already...
Supraforums.com

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely blow through, 12 inches (there's some play here) before the TB and in a non-turbulent portion of the piping. Not because of single turbo, GTE, or even turbo anything... But because that's the configuration that the OE ECU is setup for.

That and get the tuning correct.

Your blowoff should not vent metered air which means it needs to be before the MAF or recirculated if after the MAF (but is there room? and turbulence issues?).

Check this link for I/C and MAF plumbing pics:
http://my.is/forums/f114/building-aristo-swap-is300-daily-driver-329091/index10.html#post4954823
your pics aren't working in that link

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Looks like the server came back. You can't quite see it in my pics, but my MAF is right next to where the A/C pulley is.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Where exactly would you mount the maf?

would you have to weld it in before the throttle body? or do you place it on the intake pipe?

i will be using the ge harness/ge ecu with the AEM FIC.....since thats what im running now..
I wouldn't waste your time on the FIC, and that's from experience. Tune is hard to get right and end result will be better off in limp mode so the ecu won't try to correct itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.