Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
the backup camera keeps on working. Its the LCD display in between the tach and speedo gauge. It shows the proximity to the front bumper. IN a virtual represnetaion of your car. That is waht they are talking about. Yor camera stays on all the time.

·
Registered
297 Posts
LexusTBS said:
the backup camera keeps on working. Its the LCD display in between the tach and speedo gauge. It shows the proximity to the front bumper. IN a virtual represnetaion of your car. That is waht they are talking about. Yor camera stays on all the time.
nice, any picture of your new car ??

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LexusTBS said:
Excellent! Thanks for the clarification.

Also, read at Lexus.com to sometimes expect a foggy appearance in cold weather on the back-up cam monitor from moisture on the cam. Wonder if fog-x helps ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
LexusTBS said:
Does this only happen with park assist?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I recall my mom's LS430 having the park assist display in both the guage cluster and navigation screen.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Michael said:
No kidding? Anyone else confirm? Dismiss? Did your mom's LS have the back-up camera too?
For a guy with 3,600+ posts, I'd thought you'd be a bit better informed, and not question people's replys (No kidding? Anyone else confirm? Dismiss? ...very tacky).

This is right from the brochure...

Lexus Intuitive Parking Assist
• Uses ultrasonic sensors to detect obstacles at the front, rear and
corners of the vehicle; informs driver of obstacle detection via the
multi-information display, the 7-inch multi-display or by sounding
a buzzer

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
timboIS said:
For a guy with 3,600+ posts, I'd thought you'd be a bit better informed, and not question people's replys (No kidding? Anyone else confirm? Dismiss? ...very tacky).

This is right from the brochure...

Lexus Intuitive Parking Assist
• Uses ultrasonic sensors to detect obstacles at the front, rear and
corners of the vehicle; informs driver of obstacle detection via the
multi-information display, the 7-inch multi-display or by sounding
a buzzer

This is really a discussion board, if you're easily offended or annoyed, my apologies, but for someone who's been on this board since only July, I find it a bit presumptuous of you to assume that I meant any harm or disrespect in my "confirm/dismiss" comments. I was merely asking for opinions. Are we not all entitled? Also, while your copy/paste from the brochure was kind, (I'd read it before as well) it STILL fails to explain WHEN and WHICH display: nav screen or center consule lcd is active, and when the camera stops working.

·
Registered
229 Posts
sometimes when it has been cold and the heat from the exhaust hits the camera, it will fog up for a split second. When paralell parking this camera is great. I don't have any pics of the car yet. beacuse i dont own a digital camera! I will sometime tho!

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
timboIS said:
When do you think it stops working? Hmmm, how about when you take it out of REVERSE! Geez. :pissed:
Actually (see very first post in this thread) the question is when does the camera display in the navigation screen stop working and start showing the symbol of the car. But again, thanks for yet another OBVIOUS post! :)

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LexusTBS said:
sometimes when it has been cold and the heat from the exhaust hits the camera, it will fog up for a split second. When paralell parking this camera is great. I don't have any pics of the car yet. beacuse i dont own a digital camera! I will sometime tho!
Excellent, thanks for the info. Can you clarify, does your LCD show the diagram of the car during Pparking? Or does the actual diagram just show up in the speedo- cluster?

Yeah post pics of your new ride when you get ahold of a digital camera! :) Again, congrats on the purchase! Mine should be here in a week or so!

·
Registered
229 Posts
the diagram of the car shows up in the gauge cluster....... and on the Nav. screen you just see whatt is behind the car. Its very neat to have. I can park this ride anywhere. But i perfer in the BACK of the lot, away from everyone else!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts