Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have yet to drive an IS250 and see how it compares to our current IS or even the 350 drive n smoothness wise??? i have been to my dealer 3 times n driven the 350 base and the car drives amazing n fast as hell....i want a 350 with sport package....i WNAT navi but dont NEED IT...so considerin gas miles n money im wonderin if i should get a 250 with sport package and NAV which would actually be a little cheaper then doin a 350 with sport package NO nav....the reality is that most ppl dont race a car on a track no matter how fast u go u gota slow down sometime....most buy a car for daily driver as i would...n although i love goin fast or faster then the rest...im wonderin if what would be best for me...i dont constantly race....but one is jus faster. there both the same car same great features....just engine difference...iv never felt so indecisive in my life....
what do u all think gimi detailed feedback thanks

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Driving the 250 and then the 350 is like going from a Civic to a IS300 (power wise). The handling and ride are very similar though.

·
Registered
475 Posts
If you can afford it go for the 350!...It all depends on your financial situation though.... The 250 with Navi is alright, but pretty slow (considering we have the option of the 350 in the second generation)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I drove both! I don't think the 350 is "that much faster" it LACKS torque. The car can NOT slam you in your seat. I myself would buy a 250, MANUAL, with NAV and I'd be happy ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but dont you all think it is important to have HIDS in a expensive as car??? cuz i laugh when i see expensive cars without hids and im use to them havin an is300 and its nice but i guess not a mUST???? god dammit im soo confused i can get a 350 basic with 18s this friday but no sport package...only reason i wnat sport package is for hids and preforated leather to me for some reason feels diffferent then the regular leather...itfeels much softer

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
My02GrApHiTeIS300 said:
but dont you all think it is important to have HIDS in a expensive as car??? cuz i laugh when i see expensive cars without hids and im use to them havin an is300 and its nice but i guess not a mUST???? god dammit im soo confused i can get a 350 basic with 18s this friday but no sport package...only reason i wnat sport package is for hids and preforated leather to me for some reason feels diffferent then the regular leather...itfeels much softer
I'm not paying 2,500 for some stupid HID's that swivel 10 degrees :rolleyes: They don't make a dam of difference IMO.

I'll buy an OEM DENSO kit for $250 brand new thanks :p

·
Registered
487 Posts
do yourself a favor and get the 350 and you will not regret it. drove it last taste in houston and drove both again from the dealers lot and the 250 doesn't feel fast at all.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
shoulda just kept the 300 and boosted it... just look for a boosted 300 :cool:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm keeping my IS300 for a few more years and may eventually upgrade to an IS350 (used).

As for what to do - dude, get the 350 . . . I'm pretty sure you'll have some extreme buyers remorse if you only get the 250 and trophy wives and soccer mom's are blowin' by you in their husband-sponsored IS350's and G35 coupes . . .

·
Registered
185 Posts
The 350 is definitely faster, but the 250 isn't too bad. I only drove the automatic 250, so I can't comment on the manual. The downsides to the 250 from my point of view are the so-so power and the noise. Thats it. It is still quick enough to be fun, and the handling is still impressive. 24/32 isn't too bad, either.

I'd have to drive the manual 2.5 to make my final decision, but I'd probably go with a stripper 350 for $35k.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
badxIS300 said:
shoulda just kept the 300 and boosted it... just look for a boosted 300 :cool:
brilliant so you to can have all sorts of reliabilty issues as opposed to being dfast with reliabilty and a warranty - not to mention have a car thats not 5 years old

don't get me wrong - i love my IS with boost but it truely is a lot of work/money to maintain - and if you don't knwo how to do it yourself your basically SOL as there are 3-5 people in the country that really know what they are doing with one.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
lol yeah that is true. but its just other ideas. :cool:

here in orlando theres a tuner - Larry @ Innovations

and if anything make it to miami but lance is a busy guy

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
0v3rki77 said:
I'm keeping my IS300 for a few more years and may eventually upgrade to an IS350 (used).
That's what I'm gonna do..... let the first year or two go by and get an used one.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
I figger I can put HID kit in my IS350 for around $400. I think one guy here already did that. You already have projectors, so a couple of bulbs and balasts and should be just fine.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
sMoKeScReEn said:
I drove both! I don't think the 350 is "that much faster" it LACKS torque. The car can NOT slam you in your seat. I myself would buy a 250, MANUAL, with NAV and I'd be happy ;)
My 94 Firebird would throw your head back and slam you back in the seat every time you kicked it down and it did 0 to 60 in 6.0 seconds. The IS350 is faster, but much smoother. Maybe it doesn't slam you back off the line, but it gets there quicker. Of course, I'm not a big fan of seat slamming anymore since driving a refined luxury Lexus for 2 1/2 years now. LOL :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I currently have a 01 IS3 and have test driven the IS250. Over all the IS250 is a very nice and smooth driving car. Much more refined than the IS3 I currently have. The new interior is huge upgrade from the 01. If I were to buy another IS it would have to be the IS350 with Nav+Lev w/ sport package. Even with all the upgrades on the IS250, it still feels like I'm buying the same car again. The increase in HP and the Nav+Lev on the IS350 is a must have, but at the same time the bank account will take a big hit. If you don't have an IS3 currently and the IS250 will be your first IS then the IS250 is a great car. On the other had if you have a IS3 and can afford to go "Big" then the choice is clear IS350 and ENJOY!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts