Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was under the impression that our kits were suppose to be the quietest but mine seems to be loud as hell. i can constantly hear a suction noise and a squeeking noise. does this mean i have a bad blower? i've made 312 whp and i wasnt even running at full potential during the tune and drove over a 100 miles already. anyone w/ the kit could you give me some imput? this is my first s/c'rd car so could this be normal?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I'm pretty sure the squeeking is normal from what I've seen (I don't have an S/C car but my buddies dad has 4 and they all SQUEEEEEEEEEEK).

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well from what i've read on other posts. people that own this say they can barely hear it when they are in their car. but i mean shit, the thing stay loud. lol.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was the third owner of an original toyomoto kit...das was the first owner. Anyway, the kit had loads of miles on it and ran great until one of the oil lines cracked and all the oil leaked out...beh. Fixed the leak and replaced the oil, not knowing how long the oil was absent (couldn't have been more than 30-50 miles). All to say that's when it started making noises (whining / clicking) and seemed less efficient. The unit did make noise before, but this was a bad whine...your gut should be able tell you whether it's good or bad (inconsistent, raspy, etc.)...especially if you can hear it over that loud ass diverter valve. There wasn't any shaft play and I have yet to take it apart and see exactly what was wrong with it. I went ahead and replaced it with a new unit unit from URD.

On a side note, after I put the new blower on, primed it, ran it in for about 100 miles, it started uttering a very feint clicking sound. I freaked out (naturally)...these things certainly aren't cheap...and the guy at URD said it's happened to him before so he talked to some Rotrex engineers about it on the phone. They told him to just give it hell for several hundred miles and it'll work itself out. Whatever. I didn't worry about it (2 year warranty) and I think it's still there but not as noticable as when it first appeared and everything is still running great.

Reactions: eelttam
1 - 4 of 4 Posts