Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did you mount the dakota digital speed calibrator and where did you wire it into? if you know which wires I need to tap into please let me know. Thanks

-Henson

·
Registered
698 Posts
Im assuming you're doing the swap yourself...Mad props to you if you can do custom fabrication...BTW I've seen your car before and it will be a worthy upgrade(even though im not speaking from experience but, this is something I wouldn't mind doing down the road)..I've always wondered why toyota offers a 6-speed for the celica gts but not the IS...

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I asked the same question for my yellow box calibrator a month or two ago, no one could remember the exact wire to tap. I wanted to be careful where I tap b/c on the diagrams, it looked like the speedo wire comes from a little ECU. I don't want to fry any ECU's.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
from what i remember the manual IS the signal passes direct from the speed sensor to the cluster and from there too the ECU. the auto cars the signal passes through the traction control computer before going to the cluster. I don't remember what terms i used for the search, but i know i stumbled on a lot of this when i was looking for the diagrams for the ultimate emanage.

·
Registered
635 Posts
theres 2 wires that go from the spd sensor to the inst cluster. i forgot which one i used..... was it red??......maybe, i dont know.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I wire it to the cluster?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts