Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did you purchase it, and for how much? I'm shopping around for one right now for my HA's. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
four20 said:
Where did you purchase it, and for how much? I'm shopping around for one right now for my HA's. Thanks!
i got mine at Chapman Automotive in Garden Grove, not really sure how much i got da EDFC for, i bought it with the Flex Coils so i got an additional discount along with my hook up discount, but i think its around 200 or less more likely less. course dat was back in like march i think? not sure when i got em, but it was awhile back

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
supra store like 320 hmm maybe 6 months ago.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I hit up Steve Ganz about the EDFC...$320 like you guys said. One more question, I got a quote from a shop out in Gardena, CA to install the coilovers (Tein HA) and EDFC and they quoted me $550 but that price includes alignment with corner balancing. I still feel that that price is pretty steep. Is corner balancing necessary?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
That is a little expensive for just installation........even if includes the alignment. I paid $130 for my Tein HA install and $85 for my alignment. I would shop around a little more.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
R808IS300 said:
That is a little expensive for just installation........even if includes the alignment. I paid $130 for my Tein HA install and $85 for my alignment. I would shop around a little more.
That's what I'm saying. I even asked them how much for just a normal install with the EDFC and he said $275. This other place I checked out told me $150 for everything (coilovers and EDFC), but the only thing they don't do is alignment.

Is corner balancing really necessary and worth the $300 extra they are charging!?!? :-?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey if you can get someone to do the whole coilover and EDFC installation for $150. GET THAT IN WRITING!! The EDFCs are very time consuming to install because of the routing of the cables throught the cabin. You have to uninstall panels and such, then route the cables, then reinstall all those panels. A lot of work.

The corner balancing is a good idea, it will help you setting up your car in terms of varying the stiffness setting on the shocks. Not many places have the equiptment to do this. It is not a wheel alignment, though you will need one after the coilovers are installed.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For that shop in Gardena, the ~$550 includes coilover install, EDFC install, alignment, and corner balancing. The price w/ everything but the corner balancing is $375 ($275 for install, additional $100 for alignment).

Thanks for the info guys. Zeusman, will corner balancing be effective even if I don't plan on taking my car out to the track any time soon (street driving only), or would a normal alignment be suffice?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
stick
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing