Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
These wheels are UGLY. They bring the whole overall look of the car down. I wouldnt get an IS with these wheels unless I was goin to get some new rims right after I bought it. Big step down from the original 17's ............. :-?

·
Registered
378 Posts
It's not as bad as the wheels on the base Altezza RS200. :lol:

It makes me wonder why some IS300 owners want to put JDM Altezza stuff on their rides. :noway:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Actually, I also have the OEM 16' wheels but they look totally different. Don't matter shit though cause they suck assss. Gettin' some 18s when the winter is over 8) .

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yeah, they don't look as nice as the 17's, but I'll bet the tires are way cheaper to replace and will last 3 times as long as our 17's.

·
Registered
199 Posts
rims

they have been trying to sell that car on ebay for like 4 months ,, they just dont get that the car looks hidious with those rims. someone will pick it up cheap sooner or later

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
When I bought my car, I planned on putting new rims on immediately. The salesperson said that it wouldn't save me any money to get the 16's though since they would have to special order it.

Did anyone with 16's save some money by going that route?

It does make sense if you're just going to swap them out.

·
Registered
683 Posts
ATLDave said:
When I bought my car, I planned on putting new rims on immediately. The salesperson said that it wouldn't save me any money to get the 16's though since they would have to special order it.

i did, i got mine for 28, the is300 sitting right next to mine with 17s had a 33g sticker...same features, same everything, except the rims. it didnt save me 5 grand, probably more like 2, but i talked the rest off.

·
Registered
201 Posts
ATLDave said:

It's wierd, so many IS comes with the 17s that although they were supposed to be optional, they weren't. But for some jackass reason the one I bought had 16s and they told me it would cause me $2000 to get 17s. I said "FUCK THAT" and obviously didn't fall for that crap. For $2000, I could get a nice set of 18s.

·
Registered
975 Posts
is300wk said:
ATLDave said:

It's wierd, so many IS comes with the 17s that although they were supposed to be optional, they weren't. But for some jackass reason the one I bought had 16s and they told me it would cause me $2000 to get 17s. I said "f*ck THAT" and obviously didn't fall for that crap. For $2000, I could get a nice set of 18s.
16 & 17s are the same exact price (at least i know it was for 2001 models). Just cost extra if you wanted it Graphite Polished - and that was only like $400 extra.

In this pic, the 16s here are much nicer looking than the 16s on the 2001 models. They remind me of my 94 Integra stock hubcaps :lol: And more like on the BMW 330 - very plane Jane :-? .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
24 Participants
CRB
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing