Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a peek today attempted install, and decided not to install my gauge
without further consolation..we have the 4 wire o2 sensor - which I was hoping we wouldnt..so my question is...

which of the 4 wires is the signal wire? -

I had assumed it was white - but i didnt recieve a signal off it - and I'm assuming black is signal ground and one of them is for a sensor heater or something - maybe the blue or brownish one..

unless theres a better method than tapping off the o2 sensor - i.e. off the ecu?

help a brutha out.

·
Registered
774 Posts
what up apoji? is that a wideband you have? If not, I think thats what you want (and you have to get a new sensor i believe), compared to a regular sensor that taps in. i heard the regular ones aren't too good.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I have a wideband.
I'll check into a new sensor - maybe one of those Hal-tuner o2 sensors.

maybe I'll get sassy one day and do things the way they should be done and get an egt gauge

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
so are you saying that if we wanted to install an autometer a/f gauge that we need another 02 sensor?
if you could, just please clear it up a little for me.. thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you get the Autometer A/F gauge you don't need a new o2 sensor, but the capabilty of the gauge is very limited. It will only tell you if you are too lean or too rich... Not by how much. A 5 wire wideband o2 sensor and a display is the way to go.

apoji187 - An EGT gauge..."the way things should be done"(?) I tend to disagree with you on this one. Looking at your EGT gauge as a way to determine your A/F is a second rate option. This is much less accurate than a wideband. An EGT gauge is a nice thing to have, but a wideband will actually give you a real-time numerical read out of your A/F.

Hope this helps!

Kyle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts