Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys feel different from when you were 18... and if so, how? I'm going to be 28 next month and I've noticed that I have to watch what I eat compared to when I was 18 (and could eat anything and not gain). Second, I have about 200 more white hairs and my energy level has diminished somewhat, but not by much....
Eric....

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
I am certainly wiser than when I was 18, but not by much. I dress to impress now - back then I wore whatever. I am a much better eater now than I was then and I am actually more active now than then. But I am still the same old me for the most part. Just 8 years older.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I am definately more responsible than I was 5 years ago. I worry and think about my future more. For sure I am less carefree than before too.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
i'm only 24...but even at my age, i can feel that my body is not like what it used to before and gotta watch out what i eat..as for my hair, i'm getting alot of gray hair.. :(

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
You definitely have to watch what you eat more. Even with a nice metabolism you can't eat ding dongs, sliders and cheetos all the time. Also, it's a hell of a lot easier to injure yourself when playing sports-this, I hate. Injuries take longer to heal.
But the tradeoff is that your wisdom saves your bacon and makes you a much brighter person professionally and personally.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I had reconstructive surgery on my shoulder at 23. My knees were toasted from wrestling.
I watch what I eat now, and the drugs have definately left a mark or two.(but have made for some interesting stories) I think about my future and try to plan for it now, verses not thinking about it at all a few years back.
I wake up at 5:15AM five days a week to go to the gym and try to get in shape, or stay in shape. I am stronger now than I ever have been. If you said that I would be dong that at this age I would tell you that you were on crack a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
texis_300 said:
I had reconstructive surgery on my shoulder at 23. My knees were toasted from wrestling.
I watch what I eat now, and the drugs have definately left a mark or two.(but have made for some interesting stories) I think about my future and try to plan for it now, verses not thinking about it at all a few years back.
I wake up at 5:15AM five days a week to go to the gym and try to get in shape, or stay in shape. I am stronger now than I ever have been. If you said that I would be dong that at this age I would tell you that you were on crack a few years ago.
I'm 23 and just had my fourth surgery, hopefully in a few years I'll be able to do what you're doing.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
s0yb0mb said:
4th on what? shoulder? how come?

c'mon ya newb, we need details! ;)

she had 4 breast augmentations if I remember correctly.... Right Caren?

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
I can’t eat like I use to. Over the years I have taught myself to eat in moderate proportions, and not like a pig anymore, and when I see an 18 year old broad, I would still hit it, even though I am 10 years older. :chill:

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I played lacrosse without shoulder pads (they always got in the way). I had crushe the bone, so every time I threw something my shoulder would sub-locate. I now have a plate and a few screws, along with reattaching a ligiment. It was a long road back but I almost have full range of motion.
Let me guess the tights. :roll:

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm a heck of a lot more cynical and jaded.

I can't eat like I could, nor exercise like I could, but then I don't have the motivation that I used to, either.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
I am much more reserved due to responsibility. I dont care to go out as much as i have been there done that to most things Young people do.

I miss having black hair (50% grey now) I do miss not having to do anything except. Just kickin it with ur friends, partime job if you want to. cutting classes in college. Having $20 last an eternity (now it cant last a day :D) Cruisin around in your beat up hooptie pumpin out O.P.P. from ur benzi box and pyramid amps! ;) I miss not having a cell phone!!! It was cool not to be nagged everywhere you went. Beepers were good enough!

Now... its nice to make $$$ but now i got a house to pay for, a car that not worth the payment I send each month, and bills that keep showing up each month from god knows where :D I'd trade it all to be free again!

Life was a lot simpler and nicer. I didnt have a lot of nice thing, like I do now.... but I was very happy with what I had and it was enough at the time.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
My hair fell out, I got fat, my body aches more... other than that I feel about the same. Eighteen is better that sixteen, but not by much. I am thirty-seven now and wouldn't "go back" if I could.

Hmmm, I wonder if I will feel the same way at seventy?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
I'd trade it all to be free again!
Life was a lot simpler and nicer.
isnt that the funniest shit tho? as kids, man, the simple pleasures of life. Imagine taking that vitality and bringing it to your current life... not 100% feasible, but I'm learning its not impossible. For real, if you have a spark, go w/ it man, because once REAL resposibilities come (like kids) your last hurrah is over until you retire. I may feel like shit and hurt a lot,but I'm gonna keep going as long as i can muster up the energy. i haven't sold the car yet, but that will be the first to go if i need the $... and you know what? its no big deal, i've done it, it was fun, but its a luxury... I'll take an accord any day and be content.
sacremon said:
I'm a heck of a lot more cynical and jaded.
I think everyone is, its part of life... as kids we were taught that you can be anything and do anything, if you work hard enough but the real world is cruel and cold, and no matter hard hard you work you may not get to where you wanted to be... what I've found is that you have to be realistic in your goals and take pleasure in smaller things. I'm never gonna get that McLaren, but hell, neither are you ;)

texis_300 said:
I played lacrosse
They have lax in TX? or are you a transplant? I played from 5th grade until soph. yr. in college, and i miss it horribly.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
25 Participants
BigDaddyRich
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing