Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with the LMS SS kit can you guys help out with couple of my questions :)

1. Is it better to run the kit with HEADERS + MIDPIPE ( cuz i seen someone post by saying the stock headers would get beat from the ss kit ) ?

2. What are the good and bads on using these two with the SS kit ?

3. Would it lower low end torque with the headers + midpipe & PSI ?

4. What PSI is best for daily driving with stock internals as of now, other than the HKS spark plugs + their Fuel Rail.

any help & more info would be much appreciated

thanks jowe,

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
you won't be able to control your psi unless you get a larger belt to run on lower psi.

just make sure you buy the i-manage and have it tuned.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
how is your kit going chan?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hirun said:
you won't be able to control your psi unless you get a larger belt to run on lower psi.

just make sure you buy the i-manage and have it tuned.
Correction...You need a larger PULLEY to generate less boost, not a larger belt.

The header and y pipe will help the breathing of the motor up top tremendously. I say go for it.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
so far so good....still deciding on my headers since I'm runnning stock maniford right now..

V

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Correction...You need a larger PULLEY to generate less boost, not a larger belt.

The header and y pipe will help the breathing of the motor up top tremendously. I say go for it.

-Dan
thanks for correcting..i meant pulley but i just said belt for some unknown reason.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Malekreza11 said:
why not turbo for better power, quieter car and easier upgradability?
bc i got the best deal ever on stage 2 super street :rolleyes:

turbo to me is too high of maintence for a daily driver ~ IMO

maybe later on ill switch out to turbo when i change out to 6sp getrag tranny

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
itz_jOw3 said:

so when are you doing it?

i want to come and check it out.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
itz_jOw3 said:

you are wasting your time and money with the route you are choosing...

go turbo from the start and be done... you dont need a v160 for a turbo, you will need the same exact tranny upgrades actually.

turbo isnt higher maintanence either...

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Malek, instead of starting up this Turbo is better than Supercharged, just link your previous threads :p
You up and around yet? Or you still bed-ridden/pain-ridden?

Jowz:
Personally, I'd go headers and racepipe, that way you don't burn up your CATS, cuz when its time to smog.. you're gonna want them.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
itz_jOw3 said:

so how much did u get everything out the door? did hks sparks +rail came with it?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
itz_jOw3 said:
The funny thing is that you know who is a newbie to boost when they type "a turbo is higher maintenance than a s/c". Almost everyone on here will tell you the difference is irrelevant. I think almost everyone who says this is just trying to justify a S/C purchase with vastly less hp than a turbo. If it is about price, then that is legit, but as far as less maintenance that is just not reality.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Exactly Wxman, Actually i think S/C would be more maitnence since they do have a tendancy to shred belts. Easy change yes but turbo there's really no more maintence than say a oil change a bit earlier but then again i change mine every 3k on the dot.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
what would happen if an SC shreds its belt vs. a turbo that has a faulty boost controller that allows it to boost dangerously high?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
what would happen if an SC shreds its belt vs. a turbo that has a faulty boost controller that allows it to boost dangerously high?
rlling, to me they both are boost and have their own worries. My feeling is that a person with a turbo may get too greedy and overboost causing blown engines. But, that has nothing to do with one system being more dangerous than the other. To say that S/C is more maintenance is simply lack of experience.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
it's this damn maintenance thing again.

who started that rumor?

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Wxman said:
rlling, to me they both are boost and have their own worries. My feeling is that a person with a turbo may get too greedy and overboost causing blown engines. But, that has nothing to do with one system being more dangerous than the other. To say that S/C is more maintenance is simply lack of experience.
I agree.. slash my post. I'm seeing where you and De' are going with your posts.
Maintenance is pretty much the same on both types of boost.
Only added maintenace would be on the SC's that have their own oil supply.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts