Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the PIC Gallary 1, the first couple pics of the silver IS, is that a subtle body kit or is it factory. Thanks

PS My old alias was XFILES

·
Registered
398 Posts
To ISisBEST:

Looks like the Elegant Sports Version body kit (Toyota factory option) for the Altezza. Just for your info. the length of the Altezza and the IS200 are both 4400mm (173.2"). Which means the IS300's 5 mile bumpers are a little larger just as expected. Thus there's the possibility that the body kits for the IS200 and Altezza may not be compatible to IS300. Well, the side spoilers will sure fit...

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yep, those bumper differences could be an issue.

You could probably remove the 5mph "bumper-struts" and get those kits to fit, but then your car might not be US legal anymore.

Elegant sports bodykit:

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've heard that almost all of the Altezza turbos are continuously having problems. Most noticible seems to be the air intake. Airflow meter on the Altezza seems to be so delicate and complicated, most tune shops just change them to something more simple and conventional. The guy at the tune shop I usually go to didn't recommend turbos on the Altezza. He said it'll take a little more time before the tune shops figure out the optimum turbo setting and come out with aftermarket parts that is reliable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts