Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale

Complete modded intake with throttle body off GS /LS 400 part number22030-50110. What you see is what you get. All electronics and hoses are on and ready to go. Just needs to be bolted on. Intakes were powder coat in gray.
$800 + Shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
802 Posts
Do you have any details on how it was done/made? I see you're including the intake manifold, is that from an IS300 or other? I assume it was painted because of some fabrication work done, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at.
I can definitely vouch on this considering I installed it on his car.... Basically all they do is take the ypipe from the stock IS intake manifold chop off the side where the stock tb mounts to and welds on the template for a ls400... And intake is powdercoated.... its a PNP bigger throttle body without losing DBW.. Essential for Auto IS' going turbo that want a a bigger TB....

GLWS buddy hope you're not selling the car!

·
Mr. Roo
9,243 Posts
I can definitely vouch on this considering I installed it on his car.... Basically all they do is take the ypipe from the stock IS intake manifold chop off the side where the stock tb mounts to and welds on the template for a ls400... And intake is powdercoated.... its a PNP bigger throttle body without losing DBW.. Essential for Auto IS' going turbo that want a a bigger TB....

GLWS buddy hope you're not selling the car!
Thanks for the extra information. I was confused because the intake manifold itself is included, but it sounds like it is stock, and all of the modifications happen in the Y pipe. So my stock manifold could be used for simplicity. But what I was seeing from this mod is that increasing the throttle body itself only doesn't help much, because the intake manifold itself is still just as limiting. And I'm not going turbo.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Thanks for the extra information. I was confused because the intake manifold itself is included, but it sounds like it is stock, and all of the modifications happen in the Y pipe. So my stock manifold could be used for simplicity. But what I was seeing from this mod is that increasing the throttle body itself only doesn't help much, because the intake manifold itself is still just as limiting. And I'm not going turbo.
The body itself is worth about 7whp through an automatic. The Y is still a bit small. But a good mod.

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Great Mod for NA, great increase in throttle response , I can vouch for OP as well .

·
Registered
124 Posts
The body itself is worth about 7whp through an automatic. The Y is still a bit small. But a good mod.
Great Mod for NA, great increase in throttle response , I can vouch for OP as well .
I wasn't aware of this mod before reading this thread. While very expensive this part looks really nice.

Just to confirm, for an NA engine, this is an PnP upgrade that will provide an increase in throttle response and about 7whp on an auto. Is that correct?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I wasn't aware of this mod before reading this thread. While very expensive this part looks really nice.

Just to confirm, for an NA engine, this is an PnP upgrade that will provide an increase in throttle response and about 7whp on an auto. Is that correct?
Yeah, It is an average. I have done a few. Some make a little more some less. It depends on tuning and other mods. I plan on making a sheet metal one for more volume. But not in a hurry because no one was interested.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Did this piece ever sale? If available please lmk. TIA

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Did this piece ever sale? If available please lmk. TIA
I could build a sheet metal intake for one if you want. You will need your own throttle body. They are pretty cheep on Ebay now. You will also need an aftermarket intake pipe with a coupler that goes from it to the new throttle body. The new throttle body will be 3.5 inches.

If interested let me know. It will run around $250.00 plus shipping. Just in rough numbers. I will need to calculate closer if you want one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
01 SolarYellow
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing