Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is in the correct forum (I've never posted before). If not, please move.

I'm selling my 2002 Lexus IS300, with 5 speed manual transmission. It's Black Onyx w/ Black cloth (not suede) interior. The car has 93,000 mi; New clutch installed by Park Place Lexus, Grapevine, TX; New drive belt also installed by PP Lexus; 2 sets of wheels (the original 17" rims and the 18" customs shown in the pics); New tires (90 - 95%) on both sets of wheels; and a Clear bra. Call or email for additional pictures and information.

Please call Aaron, at 817-897-6109 or [email protected]

Asking $15,250, neg.

I am located in Beford, TX (DFW area).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
wow. never seen a cloth manual. i kinda like that. those wheels look like RS4 wheels. if this was a year ago. i would probably have bought this off of you. good luck on your sale. someone will get a nice IS :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I actual did some photo shop work and determined that I wanted wheelsthat looked like the RS4's. Those are ICW Racing Wheels and they were the closest thing I could find w/ the Lexus lug pattern. They were originally polished with black insets, but I had them painted by a wheel repair shop to mimic the Audi RS4 look. Definitely a little different for an IS. Anyway, the price is negotiable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, clean title. As far as I know, no accidents. I ran a carfax when I purchased the car and there was an "accident indicator" for the first owner shortly after purchase. Basically, I took this to mean that it visited a body shop. The car was sold by a Lexus Dealership to the second owner, so I felt confident that it had gone to the shop for some touch up paint. I examined the paint and could tell that it had not repainted, and I didn't see any other signs of a wreck when looking at the engine bay, under the car or on the test drive. The first weekend I had the car, someone rolled into me at a stop light and then ran (hit 'n' run). It left two impressions in the rear bumper and some scratches. I took it to a body shop for a quote, which is needed when filing the police report. Of course, the there was almost no damage so I had no intent of fixing it. I have polished out the scratches and you can barely see them. I always encourage pple to take a car that they are looking at to a mechanic for a full inspection, and I would have absolutely no problem letting someone take it to their mechanic for a full inspection.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you for your honesty, i may be in touch depending the sale of my Supra.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
So that means no HID's as well.

I'll give you $9k
No sunroof? No HID's? Speaking of the 1st owner and car's first location, is this a 100% USA car or did it from from a foreign country such as Canada or Australlia, whom came out with 1st gen IS's with no sunroof? I don't know about that no HID's part though. If that no moon-roof dilemma shares the no HID dilemma, then sure why not. Not looking to buy, just making sure small details are metioned so the customers and you, yourself, as the owner, will better recognize the veichle, great questions though IS community. Good luck with your sale bro. Enjoy.

·
Registered
575 Posts
your mags are too sick, I saw them and immediately thought RS4 before reading, very nice set up :) fabric seats dont come as a shock too me, My second gen IS250 is laid in sport fabric, and they are a million times more comfortable, not to mention not sticking to ur chicks thighs in the summer ;) haha good luck selling, its a sick car

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
wow, bump from february.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts