Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wonder how many miles does your tires last with normal driving?

With my occasional mountain run and regular daily driving, I still have a lot of thread...

How about yours?

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
I have a 2001, and my car came with the Dunlop SP9000. I currently have 15,5xx miles on my car. I baby the car, so no hard cornering (except for a few occasions)... I have about 75-80% thread left. 8)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine has 23xxx miles, so I guess it lasts pretty long

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I have 32K miles on my car, and I have tons of tread left. Mostly highway miles, but I by no means baby my car. I'm really pleasantly surprised by my treadwear.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Same as ^^Joe ........ i have 2002 w/ 32k mikes on the car I do 110 miles a day, highway. Still have what looks like half treadwear left.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i have 43,000 miles on mine. Looks like I can last till summer or more. I drive normal. Although I just got sways/springs/struts which makes me wanna drive more aggresive. I'll see how long they last now. Lets hope till summer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have 56,500 on mine from 2002. I do mostly highway miles though. The tires have lasted me awhile, but I'm not happy with the ride cause the steering wheel vibrates even though the tires are balanced and none of my rims are bent. Dealer says vibration is normal with low profile tires, but I've driven other cars with low profile tires and I don't feel a thing.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
wow! 43k and 56k are a lot of miles! especially when the car had all those warnings that the tires may last significantly less than 20k miles.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:D I am glad to hear that... I guess I can have a year or two not to worry paying $180 for each tire....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts