Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no side markers because of JDM front and rear bumpers. Anyway, I just got that little "light out" light show up on my dash. The bodyshop had the bumpers off yesterday and there was no light before, but once they re-installed the bumpers the light came on. Does anyone else have this light from no sidemarkers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,055 Posts
i'll tell you this weekend if I do

did you take out the wiring harness and everything or just leave the whole thing dangling inside your bumpers??

my harness got ripped out of my back bumpers and I haven't had the rear lights since then and no light for me.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10secondIS said:
i'll tell you this weekend if I do

did you take out the wiring harness and everything or just leave the whole thing dangling inside your bumpers??

my harness got ripped out of my back bumpers and I haven't had the rear lights since then and no light for me.....
I just wire tied the harness. I didn't have the light until yesterday though. So, I guess that is like 1 weeks without the light, then it came on....
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
22,260 Posts
Marc, I've been drivin without the bumper lights for over a year. No light. I'd check your brake lights. Those dual filaments tend to get funky after a while.

You wanna turn the car on, make sure no dash lights go off...then turn the parking lights on, make sure no dash lights go off, then hit the brakes and see if any dash lights go off.

There is no "system check" in the is300. Once you use the light, (and one is broken), then the indicator will come on. The indicator light won't come on as soon as you start the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SophieSleeps said:
Marc, I've been drivin without the bumper lights for over a year. No light. I'd check your brake lights. Those dual filaments tend to get funky after a while.

You wanna turn the car on, make sure no dash lights go off...then turn the parking lights on, make sure no dash lights go off, then hit the brakes and see if any dash lights go off.

There is no "system check" in the is300. Once you use the light, (and one is broken), then the indicator will come on. The indicator light won't come on as soon as you start the car.
That is helpful. That may mean it is the DRL's since the light comes on when I start the car.
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
22,260 Posts
Wxman said:
SophieSleeps said:
Marc, I've been drivin without the bumper lights for over a year. No light. I'd check your brake lights. Those dual filaments tend to get funky after a while.

You wanna turn the car on, make sure no dash lights go off...then turn the parking lights on, make sure no dash lights go off, then hit the brakes and see if any dash lights go off.

There is no "system check" in the is300. Once you use the light, (and one is broken), then the indicator will come on. The indicator light won't come on as soon as you start the car.
That is helpful. That may mean it is the DRL's since the light comes on when I start the car.
Uh...assuming your e-brake is up when you start your car... No bulb indicator should go off if all your lights are set to the off position already.
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
22,260 Posts
Wxman said:
Great, a Dot for you Sophie. I went out there and looked through the headlight wires and noticed that a parking light wire popped off. Problem solved. :)
91 now motherbitch! Yay. Haihhhh rolla.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top