Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dual Citizen
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you out there had any sort of idea as to how much dealers would be selling the '05 IS once the new 06 generation of IS's come about, or if it is even possible to buy an 05 once they start rolling out the '06s.
The reason I'm asking is because I'm planning on buying an IS but my dad is really anal when it comes to buying 'used' and feels that its much better to just pay a little more and get a 'brand new' one. Since I'm not that big of a fan of the 06, I was thinking of maybe getting the 05 IS after the 06 comes out if I can save a few grand.
I'd appreciate any kind of help or comments.
..Thanx in advance :)

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
I don't think there will be a significant drop in price if you're buying a brand new 05 off the dealers' lot. You have to do your homework and haggle the price down. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know that a lot of dealers have dropped their prices, but not significantly below invoice. I'm going to the dealer next week and seeing if I can get my car for $30,500 OTD. They've currently agreed to $31,00 + "a couple hundred" over the phone.

The risk of waiting till after is that people are already grabbing the 05s, so your selection will be severely limited.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I don't think the new IS will affect the value of the 01-05 greatly.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I used to be anal about buying new cars as well until my IS. I got my '02 for $22,000 with only 26,600 miles a few months back, and it's in immaculate condition, and I am just thinking of the amount I saved over new. With a Lexus, I don't feel bad about buying used. You just have to inspect it carefully.

To address the '05 pricing question, my guess is that dealers will be trying hard to get the '05s off their lot, like they do anytime the new models come in, which sometimes can mean some savings, or that the dealer will be a little more willing to negotiate. I doubt it will be anything drastic, but you never know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts